Fernie conditions 2014/15

xteam

Reaction score
I know it's a fat chance of happening but has anyone seen a right hand klim glove around the 41 mile marker? We staged on Sunday just before the bridge and I had it loading sleds on trailer and deck but must have fallen out of my bag loading it into the truck. Not expecting, but figured worth a shot!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It rained all night in Elkford and the ceiling was high this morning................there was no snow on the trees at the 7000' level! It is still raining.........friggin' rain enywazzzzz:rain:

With Fernie tending to be lower and warmer................just saying!

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it rained here in fernie hard last night. Got the new deck almost build yesterday. Finishing off the rails today if it lightens up!

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doug is the snow pretty much gone now, any areas at all going to be rideable end of April?

Last edited:

BRENNO1981

Reaction score
On saturday we unloaded at 42 k. Guys were up aways further closer to 43 unloading as well. Rained to the 48 k mark then turned to snow. Lots of untouched. Was heavy wet snow but rideable. It was good for my last ride of the season. I'll post a picture or two when I get to my computer.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yesterdays ride had better snow the I thought I would find. I would say there will be a few more weeks up high and if it stays snowing like yesterday there could be longer.

Last edited:

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Douge you will have to take my word for it. I spend my time working with my riders and don't often have a camera with me.
So you know we went up into the little trees bowl, Ive seen you in there before!!

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428096507.201969.jpg
Beautiful women everywhere, endless drinks but I have to say I can't wait to be back on the snow sunday and Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I unloaded at Corbin on Monday and found some decent snow in Silent and over toward the cabins, probably some of the best I've been on all year. You'll have to try and drive in a lot further getting pretty muddy on the road. It's been snowing on/off all week up the valley to Atlas and west on hwy 3 so should be a bit of good stuff out there. If anyone is going out tomorrow anywhere between the AB border and Cranbrook I wouldn't mind going for a cruise. PM me if you like.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
How much more season do you think there is for your neck of the woods.

Tapatalk is getting better...on my cell phone.

I don't think our annual Mother's Day ride will happen in Elkford. Too many rocks to navigate.

Fernie will be longer because access is easier. How much longer. Who knows? The dedicated will ride in May and maybe early June.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/06/77779503dba8719ea2e12a3a16998b93.jpg[/IMG/

Decent day yesterday, as Doug mentioned. Access is good and decent snow up there! Mother nature could still dump on us yet! Two years ago as of April 14 it snowed 70cms after a 3 week dry spell! You just never know!

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went up to the rolling hills cabin today with the gf for lunch, we unloaded at mile marker 44 and rode snow the whole way although I would probably push a mile further yet next time. I went and poked around a bit while she cleaned the cabin :nono: and I found a few inches of fresh on top of ice, but it snowed the whole time we were up there so you never know what may accumulate!

Top Bottom