February Conditions

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd save your fuel and stay around vale. I rode mcbride this weekend and it was pretty hard to find good snow. You'll find snow in Valemount if you go and look for it.

Unless you don't stray off the beaten path, then your hooped anywhere you go.

Sent from my iPhone

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if you're in Valemont start there Allen or Clemina both good areas, then head over to McBride hit Renshaw if you see something you like at those areas ride there again! If not go south to Finn creek head into Groundhog. Weather conditions look like sunny days but not a lot of snow forecast for the next week or so!! It's all falling in the Boston area!!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard renshaw was a mud pit. I rode Lucille yesterday and it was pretty bad. Butterfly was icy to get in and out of. The trees had ok snow. Trail was in awesome shape though.

Sent from my iPhone
heard?? the only mud pit is the parking lot. trail is in fantastic shape and if you get far enough away from the cabin some good snow to be had. Lucille parking lot was in good shape yesterday as well as the belle parking lot but both areas need snow for sure.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're going to be in Mcbride this weekend. The way I see it is if your on your sled in the back country it's never a bad thing. See yas on the mountain. Looking forward to seeing the cabin.

Cheers

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heard?? the only mud pit is the parking lot. trail is in fantastic shape and if you get far enough away from the cabin some good snow to be had. Lucille parking lot was in good shape yesterday as well as the belle parking lot but both areas need snow for sure.

Yes heard. I didn't ride there, and I'm sure people could figure it was the parking lot that was muddy, not elevation.

Sent from my iPhone

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
My Sask boys broke an axle and got towed into Edmonton. No parts, so they have cancelled their reservation. Now I have rooms available for the guys that have been phoning me the past couple of weeks. Problem is, I didn't record their names and phone numbers. You'd think I would know better by now.

Last edited:

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
My Sask boys broke an axle and got towed into Edmonton. No parts, so they have cancelled their reservation. Now I have rooms available for the guys that have been phoning me the past couple of weeks. Problem is, I didn't record their names and phone numbers. You'd think I would know better by now.

Full again - thanks Cory.

PS: light snow at higher elevations most of the day today.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Full again - thanks Cory.

PS: light snow at higher elevations most of the day today.

Hey Judy!

Doing a day ride tomorrow how's things looking at renshaw? I know the snow is not great but just want to get out for a rip. Is the trail in good condition don't want to ride 60 km of moguls lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are going past Spirit go to the end of Interpass Ridge(it's on backroads maps, 8km NE of Spirit), great view of the the Morkil River. Just dont go over the end, about a 1000' drop off into the valley. Ridge is 20-40' wide and a 1/2 km long. Take 5 gallons gas, 2.5 will be running it tight even with an etec.

We will be heading that way on the 26th so don't pack it all down!

Last edited:

driller

Reaction score
Ya we road right to that drop off back in 2010 another low snow year you can cover a lot of ground in these conditions

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding crew up to the Anthills, 6-10inches of new snow on hard base. There off to Spirit and beyond tomorrow. Hotrod was grooming Renshaw tonight (Friday)!!!

Thanks for the snow report! We rode renshaw today and had a great time! The trail exceeded my expectations and was in very good shape. Strange year it feels like it April tho.
The cabin upgrade looks amazing! Job well done to all of the people that made it happen!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw on Saturday. North of Spirit Lake. DSC01563.jpg

Top Bottom