Farmer talk

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a feedlot guy, I truly hope the "shoot, shovel, shut up" train of thought dies. I was in that thought process at one time to, but if CFIA catches it, it means the system is working. IF the CFIA catches it. After the ecoli scare(seriously cook your meat properly) I don't have a whole lot of trust in them.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well with the seeding season coming to a close, some done some not.

Is anybody get the moisture they need?

We are just finishing up and well we are still seeding into moisture we will need some soon to get an even germ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey any of you guys growing waxy barley? This is new for our company but our Japanese customer is looking for some and may turn into long term if quality/price etc etc works out. Will need to be cleaned/toted and loaded into sea cans. We maybe able to take in bulk instead of totes. Let me know.

Tks - Dennis

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well with the seeding season coming to a close, some done some not.

Is anybody get the moisture they need?

We are just finishing up and well we are still seeding into moisture we will need some soon to get an even germ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3 days of gloomy looking weather with 2mm of rain to show for it. Shaping up like last year already.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well sat in Montana and watched it rain for three days, got home tonight to nothing in the gauge and -6 as a low last night.. Ten weeks with out moisture and wind wind wind..

times when hen you don't know where to turn..

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very dry and windy in the foothills west of Okotoks until Friday and Saturday when we got 1 1/2 inches. Enough to get the pastures going. East wind caused a upslope condition. Brought our Sheep River up to low normal now. Not much snow in the mountains either. If this dry weather keeps up there will be lots of water rationing down stream.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May the sky's open up and we all get a soaker. I don't like it when the marketers are talking about our misfortune and the price of wheat go up elsewhere.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weather you dream for on a holiday but not something to grow a crop in with 10 weeks of drought..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 212

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a rain, now its the big decision to spray or not. Crops are severely stunted and uneven. Its going to be interesting in the fall if it gets thats far.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in the same position Mr. Bond as had poor germ on our later stuff. To spray or not to spray? Not much for weeds coming and if it doesn't rain there will be NO crop this year. Spend thousands and gamble? I chickened out and started spraying like it was a bumper crop. Need rain to make a bumper a reality....

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quite spraying, got some moisture, added nutri-boost and full meal deal! Wonder what I would of done if had 3 inches of rain instead of 1/2 inch!

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's scorching hot. Crops are cooking in this heat. Early seeded stuff will probably yield a bit better. Cereals are heading out, could be an early harvest.

Top Bottom