Farmer talk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was at a barbecue last night and talked to some guys who are spraying fungicides now. Not sure why with a drought going on. I'm betting they will get the same payout from crop insurance a s the guys that don't apply fungicide????

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I went down to Milk River this morning, and around Coaldale they are watering like mad... Crops look good. But once I got past Warner, it doesn't look so good. My cousin isn't very hopeful for this year

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm looking for some weed killer, for about a 1/2 acre.
If someone in Southern AB, can help a guy out. It would be greatly appreciated.
Willing to trade for your favorite drink, or cash in hand ;)
Feel free to send me a PM
:beer: :beer: :D

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure when I can get it to you though?

correct me if I am wrong but can't anyone head into their local fert/chem dealer and buy round up?
It will likely be a lifetime supply for the average acreage owner though...be in a 10L container (or more)...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
correct me if I am wrong but can't anyone head into their local fert/chem dealer and buy round up?
It will likely be a lifetime supply for the average acreage owner though...be in a 10L container (or more)...
Yes he probably could. Depending on the type he can buy a 8-10 liter jug which should do him for 4 years on 2 applications per year on a 1/2 acre plot.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're wanting to kill everything, you should look at getting a soil sterilizer. Even the "good" roundup will only work on what's already germinated. Some soil sterilizers will prevent anything from growing for up to 7 years. Just make sure it's not on an area where it can run off with the water anywhere you don't want it to.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're wanting to kill everything, you should look at getting a soil sterilizer. Even the "good" roundup will only work on what's already germinated. Some soil sterilizers will prevent anything from growing for up to 7 years. Just make sure it's not on an area where it can run off with the water anywhere you don't want it to.
That would work great, but I do have neighbors, so having it run off would not be good.... lol.
The "good" round up would be more of a controlled spray for me. But thanks for the thought

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I thought you have to give your legal land discription to buy roundup and 24-D products. Dad picked u a jug of 24-D and thought he mentioned something about it. Not sure after two years as memory usually good or 24-36hr. Maybe it was just the 24-D?

Top Bottom