Farmer talk

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drove Prince Albert to Lloyd today via Saskatoon, not much moving equipment in the fields, lots of shower/storm cells on the drive. Raining here again east of Lloyd right now... we need some +20 days now and the frost can fawn off to November...

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Somebody was playing bumper cars.
Screenshot_20240522_203759_Snapchat.jpg

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New to farming…grew up with cows as a hobby…anyhow purchased a beautiful quarter near Williams Lake…been around most equipment my whole life except tractors…anyhow looking for a good used tractor in the 100hp range…loader work, plowing snow n of course feeding…tired of chasing JD at auctions …75k is my max…wanting a 4x4…seems a few older model kubotas are in my price range…thoughts? please tag me if you see anything available seems I’m gonna pay to haul it anyhow

I won’t be breaking ground yet…plan on starting with 10-15 just as a tax break…I’ve thought about a skid steer but need to stack bails 2-3 high in shed…

Thanks

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drove Prince Albert to Lloyd today via Saskatoon, not much moving equipment in the fields, lots of shower/storm cells on the drive. Raining here again east of Lloyd right now... we need some +20 days now and the frost can fawn off to November...
We are at 6” since April 28th, right here at home which is typically a dryer pocket!

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a 4720 jd sprayer (90ft boom 800gallon) for sale at a dealership near me. It had a brand new engine in it and they were asking $100k. Sat all winter and the owner put it to Richie bros. Went for $55k. So after auction fees probably around $43-45k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a 4720 jd sprayer (90ft boom 800gallon) for sale at a dealership near me. It had a brand new engine in it and they were asking $100k. Sat all winter and the owner put it to Richie bros. Went for $55k. So after auction fees probably around $43-45k.

Consignment…?

Not surprised at the price sitting at the stealership…. I worked at a Deere dealership for years, I witnessed the brainwashing and bullch!t… the owner/general manager was an arrogant @sshole….

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Why can’t those kind of deals come around me… there’s the same model but 100’ boom at auction sells on the 27 and the bids at $96,000… plus auction fees and taxes here in SK it’s over $108,000.

I did notice things in BC and Alberta for equipment is way cheaper and more availability then Saskatchewan. While Manitoba just has crappier equipment, their truck/trailer safeties are a joke.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Consignment…?

Not surprised at the price sitting at the stealership…. I worked at a Deere dealership for years, I witnessed the brainwashing and bullch!t… the owner/general manager was an arrogant @sshole….

Yeah consignment.

Top Bottom