Farmer talk

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, I gotta throw this out there. The back rim, on our tractor, is leaking through the metal of the rim around the valve stem. Not actually leaking around the valve stem, but through the metal of the rim near the stem. I suspect the calcium chloride found its way through the metal! Any suggestions? Fix? Replace? Where to get parts? I'm a hobby farmer, still learning. Suspect we never stop learning........?

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, I gotta throw this out there. The back rim, on our tractor, is leaking through the metal of the rim around the valve stem. Not actually leaking around the valve stem, but through the metal of the rim near the stem. I suspect the calcium chloride found its way through the metal! Any suggestions? Fix? Replace? Where to get parts? I'm a hobby farmer, still learning. Suspect we never stop learning........?

Your Rim is about to split. I have an old Versatile 500 and my dad was heavy harrowing and the rim split; almost sent him out of the cab. Not sure where Bedrock is but Gratton coulee at Irma has many rims/tires.

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your Rim is about to split. I have an old Versatile 500 and my dad was heavy harrowing and the rim split; almost sent him out of the cab. Not sure where Bedrock is but Gratton coulee at Irma has many rims/tires.

Thanks! I'll give that a shot. Can't stand stuff not being 100%. Gotta get 'er fixed asap, the way the alfalfa is growing here.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You can also weld it it, but no matter what, never ever ever ever EVER weld with the tire on the rim. Even if its off the bead. Take the tire right off the rim before you even attempt to weld.

Sent from my kickass HTC Desire because Apple sucks!

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can also weld it it, but no matter what, never ever ever ever EVER weld with the tire on the rim. Even if its off the bead. Take the tire right off the rim before you even attempt to weld. Sent from my kickass HTC Desire because Apple sucks!

X2........ Ive seen some bad stuff happen if its on the rim yet. Even if you just stick an arc for a half inch bead its a NO,NO!

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally done planting for the year! Now we are waiting on a guy to finish 158 acres of custom drilling for us and we are going to replant some mud holes tomorrow with corn. Its the best feeling Ive had in quite some time!:beer::beer::beer:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2........ Ive seen some bad stuff happen if its on the rim yet. Even if you just stick an arc for a half inch bead its a NO,NO!

I had first heard about that on AgTalk. I will see if I can find some of those videos again.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the video of what happens when welding with rubber on the rim.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiLeji8bLOk[/media]

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally done planting for the year! Now we are waiting on a guy to finish 158 acres of custom drilling for us and we are going to replant some mud holes tomorrow with corn. Its the best feeling Ive had in quite some time!:beer::beer::beer:

Good to hear zeebs! 40 more acres to go, and its raining already. supposed to for 2 days.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear zeebs! 40 more acres to go, and its raining already. supposed to for 2 days.

well than your closing in. hope you get it finished up asap! I know the feeling of having just a little bit left and mother nature not cooperating with a guy, it gets frustrating fast! good luck and keep us updated!:beer:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess the weather man was right. Been looking outside for 2 hours waiting for this blasted rain to quit. It's not going to today. Guess its about time to go get trucks from the field and bring them home. 40 acres of chemfallow ain't to bad.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess the weather man was right. Been looking outside for 2 hours waiting for this blasted rain to quit. It's not going to today. Guess its about time to go get trucks from the field and bring them home. 40 acres of chemfallow ain't to bad.

Dont complain, We have land that recieved 35 inches last year and is so fricking dry now i seriously doubt the canola will germinate untill we recieve signifigant rain fall.
left 500 acres of breaking chemfallowed as i think its just too dry to seed.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont complain, We have land that recieved 35 inches last year and is so fricking dry now i seriously doubt the canola will germinate untill we recieve signifigant rain fall.
left 500 acres of breaking chemfallowed as i think its just too dry to seed.

Oh I know. We are quite fortunate. That's why I was saying 40 acres ain't that bad.
I hope you get some rain up there. Dry is never fun.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you guys started spraying cereals down there yet?

Top Bottom