Farmer talk

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: snow blower

I thought that these days the big quonsets were like "big city" showrooms.....all heated, insulated, beer fridges, with the equipment all spit and polished just waiting for work!

Just turn the key and go.....:beer::beer::beer:

Thats a myth my friend. (for us anyways) It's dirt floors, no heat, and equipment so long you can't close the door all the way.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are half right. Price goes up but resale goes up even more. That is a fact if you follow the auction sale circuit. ;):beer:

yep its just like buying a toyota or a honda purchase price is 10g more resale is 5g higher. and unit is pretty much identical in mileage, wear, options, etc.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep its just like buying a toyota or a honda purchase price is 10g more resale is 5g higher. and unit is pretty much identical in mileage, wear, options, etc.

ok that makes sense buy something thats 10g more but i can sell it for 5g more when its time to sell :beer::beer:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I quit seeing old John Deere 4020's selling for more than some manufacturers 4 wheel drive tractors at auction sales I'll be sure to take your guys comments under advisement. Lol.:rolleyes::beer:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I thought that these days the big quonsets were like "big city" showrooms.....all heated, insulated, beer fridges, with the equipment all spit and polished just waiting for work!

Just turn the key and go.....:beer::beer::beer:

That's the actual farm shops Doug. The storage quonsets are usually cold storage with cement'gravel or dirt floors.:beer:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no as soon as its painted green the price goes way up and value drops

Not really sure why you would think that?? We run pretty much straight Deere now. It retains it's value better than anything out there, parts and service are second to none in this area anyway!!

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really sure why you would think that?? We run pretty much straight Deere now. It retains it's value better than anything out there, parts and service are second to none in this area anyway!!

There you go - a strong dealer in the area means the world to the farmer. You see that all over the prairies - will be a big pocket of one color in the fields, then go down the road and see another big pocket of another color. Near the center of each flourish of color you will find a good equipment dealer. :D

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There you go - a strong dealer in the area means the world to the farmer. You see that all over the prairies - will be a big pocket of one color in the fields, then go down the road and see another big pocket of another color. Near the center of each flourish of color you will find a good equipment dealer. :D

Unlike things in our construction side where it's, go to Finning and get boned on a daily basis, and parts and service are horrible.!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

That's the actual farm shops Doug. The storage quonsets are usually cold storage with cement'gravel or dirt floors.:beer:

Ah, now I get it! A shop big enough to store the rotary blower in?

Wouldn't matter what colour then as the shop would be warm and start easily!

I shoulda been a farmer......oh well my life is pretty good just the way it is!!
:beer::beer::beer:

:vancouver::vancouver::vancouver:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sprayer girl.

021.jpg

015.jpg

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cleavers are feeling fine though!! Well maybe not so good now, lol . I love spraying more than anything!!

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cleavers are feeling fine though!! Well maybe not so good now, lol . I love spraying more than anything!!

Doesnt make any difference to me what we are doing at the present time. I just drive truck! :)

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta get me a 4730 or a gal like that to operate it. Either way its probably gonna be expensive. :d:beer:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta get me a 4730 or a gal like that to operate it. Either way its probably gonna be expensive. :d:beer:

If a guy gets a 4730, does the gal come with it? Right now, we just have Turbo Donny on the sprayer. :p

Top Bottom