Farmer talk

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's supposed to be nice. But who knows. Today was supposed to be nice to, but it rained.

Sent from my kickass HTC Desire because Apple sucks!

oh well, I keep having to tell myself so far this year, "It's only liquid sunshine".....hahahahahaha

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They did change to red - dont think theres 16 of them in the pic - there could have been a few more in row behind.

i would love to be able to write a check and have it clear just for the combines in the picture. lol

you would need a ton of bank out wagons

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would love to be able to write a check and have it clear just for the combines in the picture. lol

you would need a ton of bank out wagons

I would imagine they are all leased, it would be pointless to own them.
I can't even Imagine the headache's involved with his landlords.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya' that's a sweet pick up!

Did ya' notice that these young guys are all about "me".....not even a mention about your find!!!

By the way what you planning to hold on those thick shelves with the really thick uprights?????

just dont want to have to build it again .. do it right the first time

Last edited:

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple of pictures of my last field which was seeded last week. This is hay stubble that was sprayed last fall and again this spring. A bit of rain would of made it easier.

Attachments

• IMGP1528.jpg
    IMGP1528.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 253
  • IMGP1529.jpg
    IMGP1529.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 254
  • IMGP1532.jpg
    IMGP1532.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 242
  • IMGP1531.jpg
    IMGP1531.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 243
  • IMGP1526.jpg
    IMGP1526.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 247

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK.....

I have to admitt that I know absolutely F.A. about Farming or Ranching.

As a younger Trash (born & raised city) I have always wanted to work on a farm, just for the life exprience & also a lot of chit interest's me.

After reading this Thread, I look forward to following it further.

:beer: :beer: :D

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK.....

As a younger Trash (born & raised city) I have always wanted to work on a farm, just for the life exprience & also a lot of chit interest's me.

Anytime you want there's always rocks to pick and grain to shovel. :d

No, but really. Good to see some interest in farming. It's kind of a dieing industry almost these days. Just have a smaller hobby farm myself, but what happened to the days of being able to make a living off of 3 or 4 quarters of land? Those were the good days. Now everyone just works for the chemical and fertilizer companies pretty much.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anytime you want there's always rocks to pick and grain to shovel. :d

No, but really. Good to see some interest in farming. It's kind of a dieing industry almost these days. Just have a smaller hobby farm myself, but what happened to the days of being able to make a living off of 3 or 4 quarters of land? Those were the good days. Now everyone just works for the chemical and fertilizer companies pretty much.

the section of land days went with the price of machinery rising tenfold

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
OK.....

You wanna get out on the land? I've got about 6 cords of wood to cut and haul in the next week.....just saying

Nice fresh air, some exercise, good clean living, for a hard worker like you, I'll provide a few meals and a few beers.....
:vancouver::vancouver::vancouver:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You wanna get out on the land? I've got about 6 cords of wood to cut and haul in the next week.....just saying

Nice fresh air, some exercise, good clean living, for a hard worker like you, I'll provide a few meals and a few beers.....

I love cutting/splitting wood. I find it very relaxing.
I'll take you up on your offer in 2 weeks.
Maybe a guy could take some home in lew of food. LOL

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Are we talking garlic shrimp?..........;);):beer:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK.....

We are always looking for someone to come run a combine or swather in the fall! :d As long as you dont mind 18 hour days, it's not to bad work.

Just got in from seeding. 50 acres to go. Would have kept going, but ran out of seed. Be a nice relaxed 2 hours to finish. The end is near!

Also, when did this become a sticky? Havent been on on my computer for a while. Thanks MODS!! :beer::beer:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We are always looking for someone to come run a combine or swather in the fall! :d As long as you dont mind 18 hour days, it's not to bad work.

Just got in from seeding. 50 acres to go. Would have kept going, but ran out of seed. Be a nice relaxed 2 hours to finish. The end is near!

Also, when did this become a sticky? Havent been on on my computer for a while. Thanks MODS!! :beer::beer:

I would be happy to help you, in the fall or if you ever need an extra hand.

Your welcome, I thought this one should stick :D

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be happy to help you, in the fall or if you ever need an extra hand.

Your welcome, I thought this one should stick :D

I'll let the boss know.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll let the boss know.

I was gonna hire him too but you beat me to it.

Seems like you can never have enough help. 5000 acres with 3 full time guys (dad, uncle, and I) and 1 part time guy in the fall gets old fast

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was gonna hire him too but you beat me to it.

Seems like you can never have enough help. 5000 acres with 3 full time guys (dad, uncle, and I) and 1 part time guy in the fall gets old fast

haha same boat here. With 3 combines going, 2 trucks going, 2 swathers going, and numerous little jobs..... It seems like there is never enough people around to help with all the work.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For me the spring work was alot of hard work - long hrs - helped the father inlaw out - both spring and fall - worked full day at my regular job - then after work and weekends would go out to help. 3500 acre farm - would usually sow around 1800acres of that after work and weekends. Always enjoyed it - mind you I never had to worry about all the expenses.

Top Bottom