Farmer talk

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fill at med hat or stathmore, coop, and then have dyed card for golden Petro.. 300liter slip that fills to main tank.. Dyed all year long, USA also sells dyed at certain pumps, paid 83cents last week

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fill at med hat or stathmore, coop, and then have dyed card for golden Petro.. 300liter slip that fills to main tank.. Dyed all year long, USA also sells dyed at certain pumps, paid 83cents last week
Nice, find any in Revelstoke.
My ford somehow only has a 90l tank.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I would like to find dyed at Revy as well, lots of pumps behind big eddy but don’t have a card for them

go big

Reaction score
I usually hit up UFA in Airdrie, fill up in revy when leaving and the dmax can make it to red deer on way back pulling 26' enclosed.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Dyed fuel in your truck on the hwy in USA will get you in trouble farms are considered commercial down there. Your farm played truck too lol

200L slip topped off in Canmore can make revy and all way home to Rosetown with Royal 26’ enclosed. Never bothered with trying to get purple outside of sask.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If we fill in the hat we can make Revy, drive around and back to golden, if we fill in Strathmore we can make it back to Strathmore, pulling 29' enclosed

been using dyed all my life going south, hopefully never have a problem, but 100$ us always fills the aux tank

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If we fill in the hat we can make Revy, drive around and back to golden, if we fill in Strathmore we can make it back to Strathmore, pulling 29' enclosed

been using dyed all my life going south, hopefully never have a problem, but 100$ us always fills the aux tank
How much fuel are you guys carrying around? What kind of aux tank.

I am really getting pissed off with this 90L tank, may look into getting a titan tank or something.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like some purple gas please
Oh you can buy it, just don't get caught with it.

Big Eddy gas bar sells purple premium, not sure if they will shut the pump off on you if your pumping into the truck but we run it in the sleds all the time.

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh you can buy it, just don't get caught with it.

Big Eddy gas bar sells purple premium, not sure if they will shut the pump off on you if your pumping into the truck but we run it in the sleds all the time.
Not too many check stops for purple anymore. Do they still dip after an accident?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not too many check stops for purple anymore. Do they still dip after an accident?
I donno, but probably.

Not to many check stops but it just takes one.

Last time I got stopped was 10 years ago. Was running purple in my non farm plate truck at the time. Cop wanted to draw a sample, I asked him where he was going to put the sample, he said back in the tank and I said not a chance. He let me go and I haven't messed with it since. Not worth losing my farm fuel license. Lol

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 220liter aux tank, it has a small tool box on top four inches, throw a few tools in there.. It's low enough that I can have a box cover that rolls up or can be open from front to fill aux tank covering up everything in the box, tied the aux tank into the small vent hose allowing it to gravity feed to main tank.. With this setup I can also use fifth wheel hitch to pull holiday trailer..

total fuel on board with truck tank can be a max of 360 litres, I do get a ses code from driving to many Kms while main tank is stuck on full, but resets after tank comes off full.. Been running this system on my trucks for a decade now and works decent

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm 49, and have been in construction all my life, so lots of miles and next to nothing for desk work.

I have Never been pulled over anywhere, and had my fuel checked

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine was in an accident and they were going to dip him but had farm plates. Camrose early 00's.
Just curious if they still did.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I was working on a rig up north a few years back and the dot came in and dipped everyone’s tanks. It was a sagd rig so there was about 30 vehicles on loc.

My dad got a ticket in the mo home for running dye after leaving the farm. Lol

Seems like they dip tanks very rarely now.

Top Bottom