Farmer talk

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good day,
I'm looking for a 300 gal potable water tank. Any recommendations? I just looked at UFA website and ZeeBest site. Some pricing would be nice....

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
The DOT had a check stop set up on highway 1 just west of highway 36 about 2 years ago. They were pulling in everyone and all oilfield trucks were dipped for fuel. It used to be real common around here back when the rigs were really going hard. There was a county mounty that everyone called purple Pete. He always had a check stop set up somewhere.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day,
I'm looking for a 300 gal potable water tank. Any recommendations? I just looked at UFA website and ZeeBest site. Some pricing would be nice....
There is a place in Edmonton that makes fiberglass ones, can't remember the name but I am sure google does.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day,

Do you want it to sit outside where it will be in the sun? If yes I strongly suggest a black tank or a tank the sun cannot penetrate or you will have a scum problem.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want a fibreglass tank pm Catman10. He builds tanks in Meeting Creek.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, ol mother nature is setting up a good start to the season here. Slow thaw, moisture in the forecast. I think in the last few days we have lost about half the snow. Things are looking good for a normal start here.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, ol mother nature is setting up a good start to the season here. Slow thaw, moisture in the forecast. I think in the last few days we have lost about half the snow. Things are looking good for a normal start here.
I don't think we will be seeding may 1st.
Foot of snow in the field, down from 3ft.

Alot of frost to come out,yet.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking like middle of May here. Still a good foot of snow left on the level here. Lots of nervous folks hoping it doesn't look like the Taber area here in the coming days.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking like middle of May here. Still a good foot of snow left on the level here. Lots of nervous folks hoping it doesn't look like the Taber area here in the coming days.

I feel for the guys with flatter fields, they will need extra time. We farm some well drain soils and usually dont have much trouble with wetlands but do have to deal with potholes.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a stock trailer kicking around they don't want anymore. Would prefer a bumper pull. No tack shack needed as it's just for cows and pigs.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gerald Stanley's old place?
Haha nope that isn't his. I can't recall the last name of the brothers than run that operation but I've set up a fair amount of the grain bins in their yards over the years.

Top Bottom