Farmer talk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just made the trek to Regina from here last weekend to check out the Riders and their new digs. Some small pockets of nice looking crops from east of Calgary to Regina but thats it. Best crops start 20 kms west of Regina. Pretty dry corridor. Peas are going now around here. Anywhere from 20-30 bu/acre depending on showers. No bumpers in our area. Crop Insurance country.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All of the tiny slews are dry around here, the large ones are 90% dry, and even the huge ones (50 acres) have shrunk 10%.

ned

Reaction score
Weird season this year.where I am at(45 min south of Lloyd ) the longest spell we have gone with out a rain has been about 7 to 8 days.wish we could have shared some with our southern neighbors

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About a half done so far down here. Crops are way better than I thought so far. Amazing how much crap a plant will go through to make seed. Wheat running 30-40- so far.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About a half done so far down here. Crops are way better than I thought so far. Amazing how much crap a plant will go through to make seed. Wheat running 30-40- so far.

Just a little better then crop insurance, not that crop insurance would do farmers any good.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weather day today. Hot (+34) and windy. All the Canola and Mustard guys are stopped. Who needs the grief of heated grain. Guys are winding down and its only August. Had a stubble fire eat of town yesterday that brought out alot of manpower, double discs and water trucks to help the Fire Dept.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weather day today. Hot (+34) and windy. All the Canola and Mustard guys are stopped. Who needs the grief of heated grain. Guys are winding down and its only August. Had a stubble fire eat of town yesterday that brought out alot of manpower, double discs and water trucks to help the Fire Dept.

brutal!....how is Canola yielding?

Top Bottom