F350 bounce driving me crazy

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, crap shocks, cheap tires, loose drag link, and a weak stabilizer and Edmonton roads will do it.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Low tire pressure on the super duty will cause it bad. 50 psi and lower equals bad wobble. There used to be a tsb and the first thing it had you check was tires. It's amazing how many people lower it down to get a better ride and just cause themselves a headache.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to fountain tire, grabbed some old larger tire inner tubes that they were throwing away. Buddy owns a tire shop and has a lot of used lead tire weights he couldn't get rid of. I filled the tubes with these weights and made some super heavy sand bags. So far have 4 in the truck and the ride is much better, very little bounce and the bags sit nicely hidden behind the wheel well. Can still slide a piece of plywood in the box. May add a couple more to see how the truck rides.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my 2005 3/4 ton adjusted to tow-in at Kal Tire. Then I had 3 death wobbles a few weeks after.

Took it to dodge for recall and they re-set the steering as close to even as they could and aired up the front tires to 65 psi. 6 years running with out any issues since.

They check the front end play every few years as it's still with in all the wear limits so far. Drag link and tie-rod end are soon to be replaced.

If I was to drop the front tire air pressure to 50 or 55 psi it will D wobble when going over train tracks or an over-pass. This new air pressure rating was on the re-call up-date.

Problem solved. Pal lem

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also thinking about having my driveshaft re balanced? seems some guys in the states have done this and found that they were missing some weights? Another thing to clarify is i have absoulutly no vibration at all, just a hop or bounce. One thing i noticed tonight is if i accelarate through the dreaded 70 km zone the bounce is way less drastic than if i coast through this speed its way worse.

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have a 2015 F350 crew cab long box with the 6.2 gas. first of all this problem is all over the internet but i havent really found someone yet that has figured out the problem. truck is unloaded, 60- 70 km/hr and feels like the front end starts bouncing. so far i have replaced all 4 shocks, installed dual steering stabilizer, had tires balanced and alignment done. still no fix. next i am going to try different tires than the crappy michelin stockers. here is the one thing that fixes it.......put my quad with tracks that weighs close to 1000lb in the back. rides like a dream. problem is i use the back of my truck so carrying around that kind of weight all the time is not an option. looking to hear from guys who have ideas or have experience with this issue. truck only has 24,000 kms on it. i have had zero luck with ford....total waste of time.

You will never fix or cure this problem, it's not new and not all Ford's F series have it. But it's not uncommon.
The problem is found generally on crew cab's with 8ft boxes, the issue "FRAME FLEX". The channel style frame combined with the length, on some trucks, causes enough flex to create the exact symptoms your experiencing. 60-70 km/hr is the magic speed for the wheel hop or box hop to happen.
I have heard of guy's adding extra frame bracing and it helped a lot. But other then being annoying at that speed it causes no safety issues. My truck does the same, its an 04 crew long box with 310,000 kms on it and i have owned it for 11yrs now.

If you find a cure, you would be the first in N.America, cause i have read a lot of info. on it and no one has ever truly cured it. Nature of the beast, its a big truck with a long frame not a car. Good luck
Trying to fix the problem with drive shaft balancing, shocks or what ever your being suggested is a waste of time and money, it won't work.

BTW, the flexing is more of a torsional flex. If you were to lay under the truck and notice how the frame is braced on these. You would see Ford has put very little bracing for its length. In fact the few cross bracing is just mainly on top of the frame and none at the bottom, so the frame channels work more independently.

Last edited:
Top Bottom