F350 bounce driving me crazy

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have a 2015 F350 crew cab long box with the 6.2 gas. first of all this problem is all over the internet but i havent really found someone yet that has figured out the problem. truck is unloaded, 60- 70 km/hr and feels like the front end starts bouncing. so far i have replaced all 4 shocks, installed dual steering stabilizer, had tires balanced and alignment done. still no fix. next i am going to try different tires than the crappy michelin stockers. here is the one thing that fixes it.......put my quad with tracks that weighs close to 1000lb in the back. rides like a dream. problem is i use the back of my truck so carrying around that kind of weight all the time is not an option. looking to hear from guys who have ideas or have experience with this issue. truck only has 24,000 kms on it. i have had zero luck with ford....total waste of time.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
It should all be under warranty.... 3 year /60k bumper to bumper warranty....take it back to the dealer ... Suspect bad ball joint, or loose front end part. I would also have the alignment rechecked, and maybe put more caster into the alignment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any idea why when i put a bunch of weight in the box, that all problems go away and it drives like a cadillac? not sure exactly how much weight was needed but it sure ran nice with 1000lbs in the back. no bouncing, drove really well. google f350 bounce and tons of threads come up. hope its not just the way the truck is. i do understand that a f350 isnt going to have a plush ride but my truck beats me up just going to get groceries, lol

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have the bounce problem but I have a diesel, more weight over the front end, do you by chance have the beefed up springs in the front? I think its a snowplow package. might better off with the normal springs
also I run 6 of the big sidewalk blocks for winter weight it does make a big difference in ride quality

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kid had a 6.2 and had no issues, just find a different dealer, wouldn't spend a dime on it been a 15 with that for km on it. You should not be having and issues with your Michelin tires probably one of the best tires for dry roads, just crap for any kind of traction. Good luck but dealers can really make or break a product, I have had work done at Skaha and have been happy maybe try them.

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have the bounce problem but I have a diesel, more weight over the front end, do you by chance have the beefed up springs in the front? I think its a snowplow package. might better off with the normal springs
also I run 6 of the big sidewalk blocks for winter weight it does make a big difference in ride quality

Not sure if i have a snowplow package? i do have a camper package. 3" blocks and rear sway bar in the back. how do i know if i have a snowplow package?

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give a Ford dealer a call and ask for the parts dept and give them your vin and they can tell you if you have that package.

Not sure if i have a snowplow package? i do have a camper package. 3" blocks and rear sway bar in the back. how do i know if i have a snowplow package?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
have you tried playing with the tire pressures yet? try them at the pressures specified on the door pillar, and then try them very low, like 45psi, just to see if it makes a difference, and can also try them at maximum tire pressure printed on the tire......

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check tire pressures for sure, weight in back helping is likely because your rear overload spring is bouncing off the stops on bumps, check and you should see rub marks on the end of overload springs. (very little travel) Loaded you are probably almost resting on them. Consider switching to air bags or a different overload spring system. If you are loaded all the time and don't mind the ride, a few guys I know have removed the overload spring and added to the leaf pack. Or if you really want to smarten it up remove a couple springs in rear and airbag it up. You have way to much spring.... it is a 1 ton with a tow package.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's not a good idea. Those will be in your cab if you hit the ditch hard. And will probably kill you or your passengers. Make sure they are strapped down good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I currently have my tires air pressure set as per door sticker. Had them as low as 60psi but haven't tried lower. There is no doubt the truck is spring hard . I put my 1000lb quad in the back and it barely squats. I bought it to haul a camper so it shoukd be good for that but have to figure something out while empty. I will try your guys ideas.

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running unloaded, you should have no problem dropping the tire pressure to at least 50 and i wouldn't be worried about 45. You may lose a little mileage but it shouldn't take long to run your test.

SCOTTC

Reaction score
We chased the same issue last year on an 2012 F250. The hop never started until a leveling kit was installed. Installed a shim kit on the stready bearing carrier made a difference but never resolved the issue. Hook up to a trailer or put a quad in the back, the truck ran smooth. Tried different rim & tire packages and sizes & air pressures. Took truck to dealer and used there spec on drive shaft angle, same result. Removed leveling kit same problem. Reinstalled leveling kit and bought 400lb plate of steel. Problem relieved but not solved.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a 2011 f250 crew cab long box with 6.2 and levelling kit installed .
Rear block switched to a f350 to raise back end.
No problem's at all other than a bit rough.
The drive line shimming is only for launching chatter . IMO

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is probably like my ram 3500 with the hemi. I believe they use the same suspension as the diesel trucks and therefore and rougher ride. I can put my quad or sleds in the back and it rides great.

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
aired the tires down low today, bounce actually got worse??? seems it bounces least at 75psi all the way around? have read other forums that read that ford states tires must be kept at door sticker recomended psi? I dp have a readylift stage 2 leveling kit but the truck bounced the same when it was stock...was hoping the leveling kit majically got rid of it. lol. next i am installing a set of new toyo tires, hopefully the problem is these crappy michelin stockers?

Top Bottom