F350 bounce driving me crazy

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run beads in all my tires on all my vehicles. Mount my own tires at home. Still have the bounce with my f350 at 65 mph. Tried everything multiple sets of tires/ rims, wheel alignments, shims in the drive line, even swapped out front axle, still have the shake t 65 mph. Just gave up. Every f 250/350 in our family has it. four long box super cabs. I'm starting to think its frame whip. They all settle down when packing loads.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i run beads in all my tires on all my vehicles. Mount my own tires at home. Still have the bounce with my f350 at 65 mph. Tried everything multiple sets of tires/ rims, wheel alignments, shims in the drive line, even swapped out front axle, still have the shake t 65 mph. Just gave up. Every f 250/350 in our family has it. Four long box super cabs. I'm starting to think its frame whip. They all settle down when packing loads.

you need to try roadforce balance... Not many shops have a roadforce balance machine

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any ford dealer should be able to roadforce balance, the machines are a requirement by ford we have two. Could be why i have never seen this before everything we do gets roadforced.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked our advisor and it's 89.95 for a balance. But if they have to me de mounted it could be a bit more.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I've just experienced this "shimmy" in my 2013 F350 long box. After market rims (went to 20" instead of the 18's) and put on new Nokian winters in November). With a sled in the back, there was no shimmy. It was when I took the sleds out and put on new Nokia summer tires that the shimmy was quite noticeable. Re-balance 3 times and still shimmy. Looked at all the suspect areas (driveshaft, u-joints, ball joints, etc..) to no avail.

Decided to put on the stock rims and stock tires this morning (18"). It rides like the day I bought it. So what was it? Kai Tire doesn't know yet and they are looking into whether it was the after market rims or the tires.

Not saying this is the problem on all vehicles but it is something to think about......

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've just experienced this "shimmy" in my 2013 F350 long box. After market rims (went to 20" instead of the 18's) and put on new Nokian winters in November). With a sled in the back, there was no shimmy. It was when I took the sleds out and put on new Nokia summer tires that the shimmy was quite noticeable. Re-balance 3 times and still shimmy. Looked at all the suspect areas (driveshaft, u-joints, ball joints, etc..) to no avail.

Decided to put on the stock rims and stock tires this morning (18"). It rides like the day I bought it. So what was it? Kai Tire doesn't know yet and they are looking into whether it was the after market rims or the tires.

Not saying this is the problem on all vehicles but it is something to think about......

What brand of rims Fernie? Not a lot of people know that fords are hub centric wheels meaning they fit tight on the hub to make the wheel centered.
Chev and Dodge are lug centric (conical shaped lug nuts) that centre the wheel as fastened. Why aftermarket wheels for a ford even come with a larger bore diameter than factory blows me away... but they do and lots of them. Especially due to the fact that the 8x170 bolt pattern is unique to ford.

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had 2 sets of wheels and tires and bounce still there. I think its a combination of a f350 with a light gas motor but sprung to the nuts in the back with overloads and camper package. I went over a speed bump today and the suspension doesnt move, it hops of the speed bump. Are the diesels doing this as well?

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no vibration or shimmy. mine just bounces between 60-70 km/h. i dont think the light 6.2 gas motor paired with super stiff springs and camper package helps though.

skidoo6100

Reaction score
Road force balance, fernie.... Problem will be gone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ric is right...Road force balance. F350 with 325 60 20 BFG's and Fuel wheels, once the tires were half worn it needed the roadforce balance to ride smooth.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
(Death wobble) lol I can make mine do that too if I want, great fun.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope actually. Would do it when bone stock with factory tires and rims, at 50psi. all I would need is a couple strategically placed frost heaves. then the truck plays basketball with the tire lol. With the 6" and 35s dosent do it any more but when i put the factory rubber back on in the summer I have to run 65psi or every day it happens in the same spot.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope actually. Would do it when bone stock with factory tires and rims, at 50psi. all I would need is a couple strategically placed frost heaves. then the truck plays basketball with the tire lol. With the 6" and 35s dosent do it any more but when i put the factory rubber back on in the summer I have to run 65psi or every day it happens in the same spot.

Dodge? I heard some fords do it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its all good with mine now, With the new double stabilizer it don't do it anymore with the big rubber. The bounce is fine too I get to watch the wifeys jumbleys bounce everywhere we go lol. The big old white truck has over 400000km on it so its past its prime for dumping cash into it for chasing problems. If it starts im pretty happy now.

Top Bottom