Exhasut Cans

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Im going to be picking up a 2011 M8 by next weekend (first Cat) and was wondering what kind of cans you guys are running on them?
I heard the Big Dog Barker and i think that its a bit ear piercing so I dont really wanna go that way,I spoke to Terry at TnT and he said that MBRP has been his prefrence but I heard that MBRP may also make you lose some power.
Any type of feed back/expiereience would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks

cadman22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try a tss can (top secret shop) they are really nice sounding< put one on my 2012 e-tec and wow

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the TSS cans have some baffling in them now. I had one on my 2001 MC 800 and it was like a straight pipe but louder.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Im going to be picking up a 2011 M8 by next weekend (first Cat) and was wondering what kind of cans you guys are running on them?
I heard the Big Dog Barker and i think that its a bit ear piercing so I dont really wanna go that way,I spoke to Terry at TnT and he said that MBRP has been his prefrence but I heard that MBRP may also make you lose some power.
Any type of feed back/expiereience would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks
i run a MBRP i am happy with it , i dont think terry would recommend it if it lost power

vans

Reaction score
I also run a MBRP can on my 2011 m8 and love it. Little louder than stock but has a great sound to it and throttle response is second to none.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mbrp, jaws, and speedwerx in our group, I run the jaws myself and think it's perfect, all three are quite similar in sound but the speedwerx was a little more money and is ceramic coated, next time around I will go ceramic for the looks, also heard mbrp is good for a few hp loss but I would really question it and want physical proof(video/dyno sheet/etc) not base it on hear say, other than the barker I'm yet to hear one that sounds bad or annoying. 2011 M8 is a fun machine you will be happy, love mine all around

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a D&D ceramic on my old 04 MC 900 and love the throaty sound and throttle response......what about "The Thing"??

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Jaws and it sounds good, not too loud. Also ride with D&D (louder than jaws) and MBRP... sounds good too.

As far as power goes... who knows. Nothing 3 cheeseburgers wont equalize.

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mbrp, jaws, and speedwerx in our group, I run the jaws myself and think it's perfect, all three are quite similar in sound but the speedwerx was a little more money and is ceramic coated, next time around I will go ceramic for the looks, also heard mbrp is good for a few hp loss but I would really question it and want physical proof(video/dyno sheet/etc) not base it on hear say, other than the barker I'm yet to hear one that sounds bad or annoying. 2011 M8 is a fun machine you will be happy, love mine all around
I've also heard good things about jaws!!And like you've mentioned without physical proof we can't really judge.
Im really looking forward to he Cat i tried my buddy's 2011 sno pro last year and fell in love,I think it will be a good upgrade from an 07 REV with 7500kms :D

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a D&D ceramic on my old 04 MC 900 and love the throaty sound and throttle response......what about "The Thing"??
I've never heard of guys running "the thing" on their cats but I know that a lot of Doo guys were using them.

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you like your JAWS better?
well i don't have just a jaws can so i can't really say jaws makes a better can then mbrp, I run jaws twin pipes,if u asking me do i like there pipes, yes i do made my sled go a lot better.

fersch

Reaction score
I run a mbrp can on my 2011 m8 cat and love it.Ive had a few cats and have ran the same can on all 3 sleds. love the sound.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have MBRP on a 08 M8 and D&D big dog on a 09 M1000 and the MBRP is louder and has a higher pitch to it. The D&D on my 1000 has a lower throatery sound. I prefer the D&D.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All's i can say about the difference between the jaws can and the mbrp is i let a few guy try them last winter off of one of my rentals and they liked them better than there mbrp performance wise. There was a couple times were there was a couple guys in the same group all running the exact same sleds and set-ups and they all had mbrp cans and were dead even on the hills that night i let one of them try a jaws can on his sled, the next day he was outdoing his buddies so they actually swapped the cans around and whichever sled had the jaws instaed of the mbrp the jaws one did better.. The mbrp cans work great for flatland riding as that is were they do all there testing, but in the mtn's it's a different story from what i have seen and witnessed. My M1000 had an mbrp can on it when i bought it and i thought it was alright then i tried the jaws, would never go back to mbrp.

Top Bottom