Excuse the Newbie....

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rent all 4 brands and pick your fav pretty simple. If you pick a Yammi it will require the diet and a turbo. Talk to Rene at eagle valley lodge he has a few and you can rent a turbo Yammi from Over The Top Rentals in Calgary I know ur in e town but Over the top is the only one I know that rents a Yammi turbo setup. Good luck with whatever you get and enjoy its the most fun ya can have with ur clothes on.:beer::)

If you would like to try a pro or a cat let me know.. we can set something up.. I have my personal opinion.. for me the lightweight chassis of the pro has my heart fully and completely... but to each their own.
If you re in this area or plan to be let me know.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy something used because you area going to do all sorts of dumb things if it is your first sled. Wrecking a 4000 dollar sled because you couldn't / didn't know how to turn out of a steep downhill and then smoked a tree hurts a lot less than doing it on your brand new shiny $14 000 machine.

Learn on a beater and buy a new one next year. All the brands are good these days. I would chose your local dealer that you like and go with whatever they are selling. Regardless of what you buy it is going to be too much sled for you for a few years.

Last edited:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy something used because you area going to do all sorts of dumb things if it is your first sled. Wrecking a 4000 dollar sled because you couldn't / didn't know how to turn out of a steep downhill and then smoked a tree hurts a lot less than doing it on your brand new shiny $14 000 machine.

Learn on a beater and buy a new one next year. All the brands are good these days. I would chose your local dealer that you like and go with whatever they are selling. Regardless of what you buy it is going to be too much sled for you for a few years.

That there is the best advice yet!!!!!!!!! there are a ton of sweet used machines out there that have been very well looked after and if your not sure of something, i'm sure someone on here in your area would be able to come with you to look at some used machines. A second set of knowledgeable eyes can make a huge difference.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Agreed first sled should be used.

Good used sleds to keep an eye out for:
-Cat 09-11
-doo 10-12
-poo 11-12

I highly recommend NOT getting a yamaha for a first sled, way too heavy and hard to ride for a beginner.

Top Bottom