Etec Spark Plugs

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When is the appropriate time to switch out for a new set of plugs in an etec? I've still got the original ones in, and when i put the sled away last year it ran great, but just wondering if it is time? I can't remember how many km i've got on it, but over the last 2 seasons I would guess I'm over 2500km. With my older sleds i would have to change multiple times a year!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say do them now before the season starts. Just make sure and follow the procedure. An be careful about cross threading as the etec plugs go into the cylinder at an angle now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For what the plugs are worth I would change them at the beginning of every season. Just make sure to Index them and Gap them to 0.028-0.031

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
etec spark plugs are garbage tried them in my car and only lasted 60000 klms went back to bosch platinum that last over 150000 klms

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
etec spark plugs are garbage tried them in my car and only lasted 60000 klms went back to bosch platinum that last over 150000 klms

Umm those are e3.

And Bosch platinum plugs suck too..

The carbon can plug up the gap because the rod isn't past the insulator

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had my 11 serviced mid season at 4500km the tech said the plugs looked like new,put new ones in anyway but probably didn't have to.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Umm those are e3.

And Bosch platinum plugs suck too..

The carbon can plug up the gap because the rod isn't past the insulator

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

Ya don't ever use E3 plugs they are terrible. We have had some customers come in and demand that they get installed during there tune up. 200 km later customer comes back with the engine misfiring on multiple cylinders. Have seen this issue a lot. Just use whatever the manufacturer recommends for your application and you will never have an issue.

Top Bottom