Etec hesitation

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many are experiencing a hesitation even after break in. I know there are guys out there complaining about this. I already have had the sled in a few time for this hesitation because something didn't seem right, and now it's broke there are no more excuses.
Mine is still doing it and I tried a can on mine today and it seemed to make the problem worse or at least sound worse, Went back to stock can. Going to the dealer to check for codes as well because with the can on the sled, it acted up real bad for a short period of time, like the sled went into limp mode had no power, but I remember that the sled did this on the trail once at about 100 miles on the odo than backfired, just shrugged it off as a break in thing. It smartened up and ran like it's old self again.
Other than the hesitation the sled takes off like a raped ape with and without the can.
I cannout really isolate the problem to the conditions the sled is in, other than it does it from a standing start or traveling 10 to 15 MPH and when it does it it leaves a black mark in the snow.
Has anybody tried changing the plugs to see if it helps? Did a aftermarket exhaust help?
BRP better figure something out soon because if the sled looses power like this again in the mountains when I need the power and I damage my sled or hurt myself because of it!!!
We'll enough said!!

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they should try putting new injectors in your sled? Mine has run perfect since about the 400km mark.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you were having a hesitation and new injectors cured the problem?

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, I was just suggesting that as a possible solution. I know a few guys with the same sled and everyone said that it ran like crap at low elevation under light load but was totally clear after break in

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine hesitates at home and at altitude, dealer was blaming it on breakin and I can't blame them because we were told it would hesitate and backfire during break in and it still has the hesitation after break in.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is weird I havent had a n issue yet i'm at 1300 km's sorry about the bad luck man hope you get it figured out

jimxp

Reaction score
i had real bad hesitation, untill about 900kms it cleared up, just make sure u check your exhaust sensor frequently, it really pops and back fires when they rattle out. mine recently runs one cylinder when its first started warm or cold weather, i think the injectors may need replacement as it left me stranded and would just idle but wouldnt get gas,had to be drug out, but when i got home it ran rough then cleared up and now seems fine. i pulled the spark plugs and they were just black, it also smokes really black when you tape it.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
might waant to check the muffler probe, the probe on mine was pluged with crap, and it was missing, replaced and all was well, maybe a good cleaning can be the answer

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine did that one day, but i think it was just bad fuel I had that day. Only complaint I have is the back shifting.

MoFoREVxp154

Reaction score
Did you get the update for the "Mid Range Hesitation" ..?..
If it went into "Limp Home" of tripped the check engine ligh get your dealer to scan it, no way to Speculate an issue untill then.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled has been updated and is broke in. Talked to my dealer today and he has been hearing more and more about this issue. Seld go like a raped ape but the hesitation is annoying.

Sumitdude

Reaction score
Just been reading the posts and My 600 summit has the same issue. It has that midrange hesitation. I was talking to the service guy at my local sled shop and he was suggesting a clutch kit. he figures that may fix it i'm thinking its in the programing.

jhsummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.jhactivities.com
Just been reading the posts and My 600 summit has the same issue. It has that midrange hesitation. I was talking to the service guy at my local sled shop and he was suggesting a clutch kit. he figures that may fix it i'm thinking its in the programing.

I'm a total idiot when it comes to working on these things so I may be way off. But a clutch kit? I don't understand that at all.
Can anyone explain this one? Lord? Maxwell? Anyone? I'd really like to get rid of that hesitation.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The hesitation may be caused by the clutch not backshifting fast enough I believe. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Top Bottom