Enjoy our new regs

Timber_Tramp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a used car from a dealer. You will pay gst. Just private sale you don't.
In BC it's 11% new or used , private or dealer which now includes ORVs with the new regestration system in play anytime a vehicle is reregistered from a sale.

Revyman

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with registering dirt bikes, atv's etc., kinda makes sense. I have a HUGE problem with getting tax raped

AGAIN by our provincial government collecting tax repeatedly every time a vehicle gets resold. Not many people are gonna be

registering their ORV's if they have to cough up PST. What a joke!!!

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i found the registration for my sled, which i paid 10 dollars to register and got a sticker license plate. Now are we suppose to go down and register it again for 50 dollars?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i found the registration for my sled, which i paid 10 dollars to register and got a sticker license plate. Now are we suppose to go down and register it again for 50 dollars?

I wouldn't bother. They can't retroactively make something that was legal....now illegal. Probably gonna take a court challenge but it'll be an easy win.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm several $1000 to fight the gov in a court case over a $50 registration fee.. im not seeing the logic their.. I think for sleds that were previously registered they only have to get the plate?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe the government will discover that the sleds are already registered and have been for several years.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, it's already registered.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You won't have to cough up the PST if you've already paid it and can prove it.

I don't have a problem with registering dirt bikes, atv's etc., kinda makes sense. I have a HUGE problem with getting tax raped

AGAIN by our provincial government collecting tax repeatedly every time a vehicle gets resold. Not many people are gonna be

registering their ORV's if they have to cough up PST. What a joke!!!

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had to re-register my sleds again, and had to pay the new fees to register them all over again. It took about an hour of my time to do it, and my wallet was a lot lighter coming out there. I could not register my quads, i have to go to a lawyer or notary and sign a bunch of crap.

tripster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a form to fill out to get your $10 back from the original reg when you re register.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
35 dollars at the notary and 1/2hr. 2hrs at icbc and 48 dollars later i have my illegal atc registered.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a form to fill out to get your $10 back from the original reg when you re register.

Why would you re-register a legally registered sled? Can't believe people are falling for this. That part of the legislation will never survive the first court challenge.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The government is too dam lazy to tie the registry into a new system, making the private guys do the work. Should we have to pay to re-register? Not legally. Should you have to pay the taxes retroactively? Not legally. Lots of not legal stuff this government is doing. Are we going to be able to dodge this? Not likely

Top Bottom