Lahaina Burns

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in Hawaii a few weeks back... the future building plans for Lahaina are still being hammered out but due out soon. We will know if it was a land grab pretty soon or if they keep property split up...

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked my friend what is happening to his burned out ice cream shop, tow truck business and rental property in Lahaina. No answers yet. A lot of politics involved. A real chit show.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in Hawaii a few weeks back... the future building plans for Lahaina are still being hammered out but due out soon. We will know if it was a land grab pretty soon or if they keep property split up...
I’ve read of a new smart city to be built

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was that in the last week? that was the fear originally but the local news was saying the new construction zoning and such were not complete...

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel bad for the local folks... But in the same boat... I'm some Haole tourist that would spend every dollar I have to have some of their property... Its heaven on earth, honestly.

Some farms I was touring had signs on the fences saying rent increase of 560% last year? yikes....

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
even if it is a land grab, that's still not proof that the original intent was that via space laser or any other method.
suddenly there's a bunch of desirable and available land which is a shitty deal for the original peeps, but it's not like that area will just sit there. someone will take advantage.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Many people would love to live there. Guess what thats going to do for rent prices...

Go try to rent a place in Revy and see what that costs. Is what it is.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Many people would love to live there. Guess what thats going to do for rent prices...

Go try to rent a place in Revy and see what that costs. Is what it is.

I agree, these farms will likely get the boot eventually and make room for some hotels.... which, without laser fires is what they're doing in Maui...

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont want to live in the past, I just enjoy history and walking through a historic town that has a story to tell before things were this Phu*ed up...

We were married in Hale'Iwa which is kinda the Oahu Lahaina

I would hate to see that little town burn. Just a cool laid back harbor town

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the farmers currently are renting it from a large land owner who will make the bucks, someone always wins

look at Kualoa Ranch... bought for like 15,000 USD total and worth over a billion now...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The gain would be a land grab, burn the locals out. I bet most do not have insurance and can't afford to rebuild. Developer will come in buy at pennies on the dollar and build a billion dollar resort or vacation properties for the elites.
I don’t disagree that is a possibility although remote. Last I heard the US government wasn’t in the realty business but then I haven’t been told that yet by you know who. But to use your most leading weaponry in plain view to accomplish that? Cmon

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the farmers currently are renting it from a large land owner who will make the bucks, someone always wins

look at Kualoa Ranch... bought for like 15,000 USD total and worth over a billion now...

As long as the owner doesnt get fuct im happy.

My family has lots of land in Canada that we rent out. If truedau takes it away id be more then pissed.

If we decide to build a hotel and that means renter has to go, well go buy a farm some where bud and no one can do that to you next time...

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
even if it is a land grab, that's still not proof that the original intent was that via space laser or any other method.
suddenly there's a bunch of desirable and available land which is a shitty deal for the original peeps, but it's not like that area will just sit there. someone will take advantage.
True but when the group trying to change the world says "you will own nothing and be happy" and governments start changing land acts as BC is doing quickly and quietly the math starts to add up.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t disagree that is a possibility although remote. Last I heard the US government wasn’t in the realty business but then I haven’t been told that yet by you know who. But to use your most leading weaponry in plain view to accomplish that? Cmon
The largest most powerful company in the world is buying up lots of residential real estate. They get what they want, using Biden and the government to help is plausible.
Lots of things happening in the world that people thought would never happen.
I trust nobody.

Top Bottom