Enjoy our new regs

Timber_Tramp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
trying to collect the tax on all machines is why there will be little to no compliance with registration .

give atv owners a 6 month window to pay the registration fees with no tax charged and this new process will be a success.

After having 2 unregistered and uninsured machines stolen this past summer , I do support the idea of licencing off road vehicals.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is still insured in Alberta , been in b.c just a year

Going to leave it that way for now

Stupid thing is, like said before, no grace period.... For the 1000 bucks I'll have to pay for the pst part to be legal before I sled in a few weeks

Guess I'll take my chances like 90% of people because this is jammed down my throat all of a sudden

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
trying to collect the tax on all machines is why there will be little to no compliance with registration .

give atv owners a 6 month window to pay the registration fees with no tax charged and this new process will be a success.

After having 2 unregistered and uninsured machines stolen this past summer , I do support the idea of licencing off road vehicals.
100 % agree

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I pay gst in Alberta do I still need to pay the full 12% when I go to register in BC?

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my 14 canam in BC all taxes paid nothing to worry about.An extra $48 for registering I think I can afford that after paying $12,800 all in for my quad . There should be no tax on a used private sale atv.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cry for regulation after the deaths in Revy gets a tax grab? Wonder how long it will take for them to make a seasonal registration charge?

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my 14 canam in BC all taxes paid nothing to worry about.An extra $48 for registering I think I can afford that after paying $12,800 all in for my quad . There should be no tax on a used private sale atv.

it will work the same as a car.. buy from a dealer and tax is paid at time of purchase. private sale and tax will be due at time of registration unless you have submitted and paid the tax on it previously..

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that sleds have been this way for years, but for some reason quads and side by sides were never included. They're just filling that loophole to be more generic.

Probably going to be a lot of $10 quads with $5000 winches being sold soon...

camoJoe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is obvious that there is no election in the forefront in BC anytime soon,..... Registering and licensing the orv is a good thing, but the tax grab is plainly uncalled for....... time to ask the Minister of finance in BC to resign i say, all write a letter !!!, what is owned is bought and paid for !!!! not to pay taxes again......:nono:

Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many will be paying pst a second time round because they have lost their paper work? Those who love lots of rules and regulations will be happy, although I have never seen one of these guys happy.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tax is all part of being canadian..LOl.. we already pay it on everything else with a motor even in private sales so its nothing we are not used to.

As far as loosing paperwork if previously paid. It should already be registered with icbc or some government branch. will just be a matter of jumping through some hoops to get them to look it up.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Tax is all part of being canadian..LOl.. we already pay it on everything else with a motor even in private sales so its nothing we are not used to.

As far as loosing paperwork if previously paid. It should already be registered with icbc or some government branch. will just be a matter of jumping through some hoops to get them to look it up.

Not in Alberta, we don't. NEW items only! BC is doubling, tripling, quadrupling whatever on their tax grab. Tax is already paid on an item when it's purchased new. How can they possibly charge tax again on something that is used. That's an obvious cash grab.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 1984 Honda atc , I doubt very much their will be a record of it at any branch of the government

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey you guys just pay it,those hard up politicians need bigger houses nicer cars more cacations lol

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not in Alberta, we don't. NEW items only! BC is doubling, tripling, quadrupling whatever on their tax grab. Tax is already paid on an item when it's purchased new. How can they possibly charge tax again on something that is used. That's an obvious cash grab.
Buy a used car from a dealer. You will pay gst. Just private sale you don't.

Top Bottom