Embarassed to admit!!!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen a few things now: One is the altimider sensor hose freezes off at the last altitude it was at and cuses the machine to sound and run like crap. The second is the reverse/kill switch housing gets moisture in it and causes it to either try to switch into reverse or just die completly. the third is the micro switch in the throttle lever not being engaged properly. Good luck on what ever it may be.

That hose is a good call. Was thinking that myself.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen a few things now: One is the altimider sensor hose freezes off at the last altitude it was at and cuses the machine to sound and run like crap. The second is the reverse/kill switch housing gets moisture in it and causes it to either try to switch into reverse or just die completly. the third is the micro switch in the throttle lever not being engaged properly. Good luck on what ever it may be.

The moisture in the reverse kill switch sounds like that may be the problem, cause it has totally died on me and its tried to switch into reverse on one ride, good call. Did u have experience with that? How would i stop moisture from getting in in the future,any suggestions?

By the way seen ur thread with burandt, looks like a helluva ride:beer::beer:

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a good ride thanks! As far as i know you need a new switch. I dont think it is the whole assembly but i am not sure. I think the micro switch has moisture inside. i am sure it is a sealed unit. good luck!

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The kitty's brain or yours?Are they gonna fix the leaking gas tank?Covered under warrenty,if not thats BS?

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what after you ride you are suppossed to unhook your brain ,take it inside and dry it out.Thats f*^kin retarded.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what after you ride you are suppossed to unhook your brain ,take it inside and dry it out.Thats f*^kin retarded.

yes it is. and we dont even know if thats the problem yet. If it happens again im gettin a new brain

powderpusher

Reaction score
my guess would be a loose electrical plug and when in the shop they unplugged electrical to test and just plug all the connections back together tightly as i had the same problem on my old vmax

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddies dad had an m1000 that would die adn not start for no reason... unplug your ecu (both connectors) and plug back in and try it... it worked for him... he went to the cat dealer and told them and they said that would do nothing... don't know why it started up right after... its done it on more than one occasion so i don't know... somethign to keep in mind i guess

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
scrfce's problem is the little clear box on the bottom of the main brain,alt sensor or air sensor is somehow taking on moisture.once you dry it out it hauls ass again,until it gets more moisture in it then it just dies

spuds

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so why not use a electrical cleaner and moisture barrier spray on the connections?

Top Bottom