Embarassed to admit!!!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok here i go:eek:. So a group of us were deciding to head down the trail back to the trucks and here i am racing this rev xrs, my engine screaming and as hard as i tried i could not get within a sled length of him! All the way down eating his snow chunks! This guy was just to good for me and my cat:(

Oh actually the engine screaming was me makin wot wot noises in my helmet and couldnt catch him cause my f@#$in sled was bein towed down after dying for no feckin reason! And all this bein towed by a Doo! Embarassed!

But thx for the ride down Warren:beer::beer:

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh chit thats funnyhere have a :beer: on me...but did you figure the prob out that sucks man

we think its somethin electrical but in reality i have no feckin idea! gonna bring it to the shop when it opens tues,hopefully its warratied and they can get it back to me for my trip next week:(

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah dude that sucks,how far back did she die.Did you have to pull the belt to tow it or was the track still free wheelin?

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sound like if you wanna keep up with the doos..you need a shorter tow rope..hahahahlolbwaaaaa:beer:

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah gotta let them doos feel important once and awhile. lol. oh did i say that out loud. just havin some fun guys

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah dude that sucks,how far back did she die.Did you have to pull the belt to tow it or was the track still free wheelin?

It did it a couple times through the day and after letting it sit for awhile she ran again. About a km from the cabin (east) she died for good, got towed the rest of the way down. Sux azz, to the shop tomorrow.

oh ya we did take the belt off

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i got my sled back after a day in the shop and well they cant find a thing wrong with it. Just wondering how far down the road its gonna happen again:confused::confused: bunk!

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess you gotta take a vid with diggi camera and show them what the lemon is doing,acting the same way as earlier in season when it was cold.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
took it for a few laps around the property tonight and she runs like a charm again WTF....weird. im gonna take it across the highway for a real ride tomorrow and see if she craps out.

krazy ken

Reaction score
Check wiring harness under shield at injector, have seen them rub and short out there. Have to take shield out to see.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try a little gasline antifreeze..could have a bit of water thats freezing up the lines:beer:

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How can i tell? Or check?

My buddy had a similar problem and they replaced his coil and also the throttle safety switch ( for throttle freeze up ) was acting up . It is a real problem for cats ( 1998 -2004) and it cuts out electrical power to the coil ( to simulate a frozen throttle cable) . The harness plug ( 3 pin) is on your steering post. If you have a problem disconnect the plug and try the machine. It will disable your kill switch but you can shut you machine off and on with the key. The safety switch will work back to normal after you let the machine dry out after a day of riding in the powder and the the snow melts off the machine. When the throttle lever bushings get wore a little the problem becomes worse and is hard to find . Good luck

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen a few things now: One is the altimider sensor hose freezes off at the last altitude it was at and cuses the machine to sound and run like crap. The second is the reverse/kill switch housing gets moisture in it and causes it to either try to switch into reverse or just die completly. the third is the micro switch in the throttle lever not being engaged properly. Good luck on what ever it may be.

Top Bottom