Electric knife sharpener?

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to buy a knife sharpener. My wife is brutal to the knives, all of them, my butchering knives as well. Not sure how she finds them but I can't keep an edge. My best knives seem to be at the point of no return

can anyone point me in the right direction. Looking for success and what to avoid.

I was at Cabelas on Monday, had several in my hand, didn't walk out with anything. I'm wanting something that can edge a fillet to a field knife.

Thanks

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't do it they are junk I had a fairly expensive one it really made a mess of some expensive henkels knives. Wifey takes hers into a professional knife sharpener once a year costs like $4/knife.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a Farrier and sharpen knives daily. I use a 8 inch grinder with a stiff yellow cotton wheel with a Jackson Lee greasestick compound and then on the other side I use the white cotton wheel with the green Rouge. There is also a really good sharpening system sold by Well shod Farrier supplies in the states that comes with compound, wheels and different rouges.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Saskgrizz

Reaction score
Worksharp, if I can sharpen knives with it, should work good for anyone.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought one at canadian tire last weekend $40,got my moneys worth i guess.Not recommended.

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Worksharp, if I can sharpen knives with it, should work good for anyone.

I was listening to a guy rant that this tool beveled his knife edges. Honestly, this was the one I went there to buy and chickened out

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best investment ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one of the problems with reviews is their will always be some dip **** who somehow either wrecks the damn thing in a weird way , or somehow screws up his own knifes in a nearly fool proof process.

Yes some sharpeners might be garbage but its really hard to take some reviewer's words for it. since they always blame the product and not themselves when they totally screw it up.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arf, this is the exact one I went for, but got talked out of it by a fellow consumer

This works great. Change the belt to a fine grit to finish knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtncat1

Reaction score
get the work sharp ones like said above, the ken onion edition is even better if you want to spend the coin . the have one set up at sportsman's warehouse for customers to try and they work very well and are easy to use ,plus they do axes shears scissors etc.

Top Bottom