Elbow Loop

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has any rode the Loop yet??? It opened on the first of Jan. so I was wondering what the conditions were on it.

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has any rode the Loop yet??? It opened on the first of Jan. so I was wondering what the conditions were on it.

I havent been on it yet Wally.....wouldnt mind checking it out.....and getting to powerderface too....

I have been down as far as quirk creek in late december...and snow conditions were only "so so" but ok enough....

the quads really shred the snow on the trails to get down to the loop

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havent been on it yet Wally.....wouldnt mind checking it out.....and getting to powerderface too....

I have been down as far as quirk creek in late december...and snow conditions were only "so so" but ok enough....

hey man! is that the new 500 race sled in your avatar?? if so , how do you like it?

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yea -- Last year we rode Powderface down to the Loop and then the Loop and back up Powderface and it was a real good run with some nice trails in between. There was one large Avi field though that I would worry a little about. It was my first time there so I don't know much about it.

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea -- Last year we rode Powderface down to the Loop and then the Loop and back up Powderface and it was a real good run with some nice trails in between. There was one large Avi field though that I would worry a little about. It was my first time there so I don't know much about it.

Hey Wally I did cataract today...maybe next weekend for elbow loop

I take it you staged at sibbald....

with enough snow a guy could have a go at it from the mclean side..???

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Wally I did cataract today...maybe next weekend for elbow loop

I take it you staged at sibbald....

with enough snow a guy could have a go at it from the mclean side..???
Yes we did as the road was closed from Mclean but the Powderface was good at the time. It gets wind blown so I don't know how good it will be just yet.

Volksnutt

Reaction score
The Snow on the powferface is getting very thin, the dirt is starting to show. With the warm weather Im guessing more snirt(snow/dirt) will be showing.

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You must have gone up the little elbow from campground and down the big elbow u seen the avie chutes on your way up on left side.

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a map of this area where to ride? Never rode this area before. Is it a area where for family day trip rides?

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a map of this area where to ride? Never rode this area before. Is it a area where for family day trip rides?

here is map....

there are some family trails at Mclean and Sibbald...but only if the snow conditions are good enough....

elbow loop is too risky for family in my opinion if there is avi concern.....the recent warm up has made it risky

Top Bottom