Duramax Noise

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Worst case at dealer 5g that does both head gaskets IF it wont come out and they say they have no luck doing them, hmm 500 if it comes out good or 5000 easy money, just remove head not sure if i did not need my truck I would remove rod and get a real good easy out and try it but if it opens up its unusable how tough is the rod

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Ya if you gotta pull one head you might as well do both and the other seven glow plugs as well ,,they're not that expensive
Either way it sucks. Hope it comes out for you

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pry bar or large screwdriver against a ring gear tooth works great. We STILL don't have the "right" tool for that one.
And that's how u break off ring gear teeth, even the lisle tool in the open inspection hole is 4 teeth and have heard of a crank bolt tight enough that it cracked the trans case with that tool

The gm one bolts in the starter bolts and grabs 6 teeth

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Worst case at dealer 5g that does both head gaskets IF it wont come out and they say they have no luck doing them, hmm 500 if it comes out good or 5000 easy money, just remove head not sure if i did not need my truck I would remove rod and get a real good easy out and try it but if it opens up its unusable how tough is the rod
The rod is softer than the outer body

Stupid to have steel in aluminum

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not at all.... We've tried to borrow tools from dealers that we knew we needed.... And we're told by 2 different shop fore mans that we either don't have it or have never used it... We end up buying the tools.... We've actually lent a dealer a tool several times because they didn't have it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
i hope your not talking about me I've ALWAYS helped you out any time you or your guys asked and if I needed something I could call you

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
And that's how u break off ring gear teeth, even the lisle tool in the open inspection hole is 4 teeth and have heard of a crank bolt tight enough that it cracked the trans case with that tool

The gm one bolts in the starter bolts and grabs 6 teeth

In the half a dozen or so that I've done, I've never had a problem.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a suggestion but why not this... sucks I know
If i had 500,000 not 230,000 on it maybe lol thinking of parting the whole truck out now or put a glow plug in to stop check engine lite from coming on and off to auction.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i hope your not talking about me I've ALWAYS helped you out any time you or your guys asked and if I needed something I could call you

Not you buddy, u know that.... Your friends down the street and the "other" store ;). ... Hey, when we goin sleddin?

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not you buddy, u know that.... Your friends down the street and the "other" store ;). ... Hey, when we goin sleddin?

we really should go together i imagine some big hangovers happening and I have nothing good to say about them either call me anytime Rick especially if you need a special tool just say the word lol

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. I just re-read the whole thread and couldn't find any "pissing match".
Maybe not a pissing match but lots of replies that are worthless just like most other threads. But happy to report glowplug is out new one in took all of 15min. Cannot understand was so tight it twisted off but moved back and forth sprayed penetrating fliud on it worried about spending lots of cash to repair it and took it out by bending electrode over to twist off and out it came WTF.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Maybe not a pissing match but lots of replies that are worthless just like most other threads. But happy to report glowplug is out new one in took all of 15min. Cannot understand was so tight it twisted off but moved back and forth sprayed penetrating fliud on it worried about spending lots of cash to repair it and took it out by bending electrode over to twist off and out it came WTF.
Glad to hear it worked out for you, now i wish i could finish my truck, my dog took a bag full of bushings from my shop and lost them in the snow somewhere on the farm.... Missing one half to the shackle bushing the little turd.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it worked out for you, now i wish i could finish my truck, my dog took a bag full of bushings from my shop and lost them in the snow somewhere on the farm.... Missing one half to the shackle bushing the little turd.
You maybe sifting thru his droppings lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like I said I have never had one snap, but the one I fixed, came easy with the easy out down the electrode hole

Glad to hear ya got it without the head coming off

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like I said I have never had one snap, but the one I fixed, came easy with the easy out down the electrode hole

Glad to hear ya got it without the head coming off
Me too looked at other three but going to leave alone. Now going to book trip to Mexico for what i saved.

Top Bottom