Drinking & Riding?

xcya

Reaction score
I didn,t know where to make a point here on snow & mud so this is where I will do it. I will start by saying how bad drinking and riding is. I met some sledders today when riding and the first thing I noticed was the booze?:( What in the world are we sledders trying to say to others about our sport? What a joke, how many dead sledders do there have to be before we get the point?:rant: People are going critize us and this sport and we are going to face a lot of trouble on and off the trail. I think it would be a good idea to let everyone know how stupid this is to do at the next SUDS NITE event?:nono: What do you think?;)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is my opinion.

i think if your bombing around on trails or on the lakes or at night there is no way you should be drinking with those kind of speeds, obstacles and who knows what. maybe a social beer is fine. but if its effecting you thats just dangerous.

and

in the mountains a beer or two is fine in my opinion. but once again its just as dangerous. i dont mind having a beer or 2 at the cabin in the montains. but when there are guys that sit there and pound them back for fun or competitioin. then tap there buddy on the shoulder " hey wanna go out and blaze one up" ? THEN bomb down the trail or up the trail for that matter where there are familys with kids and ME AND MY FRIENDS its just not right. wow look at how much beer this bag can hold. how about a beacon probe shovel safety/survival equipment?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Add quads to the list of don't drink and drive...

Poor judgement and booze can cause problems for everyone.

sirzones

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran onto a couple of guys the other day that were packing 40 beers and a lot of electric lettuce,how can you even function like that,:nono:
A beer with a sandwich is ok but some take it too far

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah..save it for the bar when you get off the mountain. then i have to deal with the tards on the already dangerous roads on the way back to town

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no and no. no booze when operating a snowmobile. mountains, flat land, or your dad's back 40. not a good idea. now don't get me wrong. I enjoy a good shot but I mad a rule to myself and I stand by it. booze and sleds don't mix, any where anytime. I learned my lesson when I was younger and am glad that I didn't hurt or kill someone back then.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to say that I agree wholeheartedly. I pack 2 Rev or 2 coolers for the day, and my hubby will have a few beer in his backpack. We take this up, work our tails off playing, enjoy a nice refreshing cold one and then work it off some more. At this point, the beer etc., is as much a thirst quencher as anything else, and not just something to drink for the sake of getting chit-faced. (Of course, there is always water and powerade in our bags too!!)

In general, I won't bring my kids to any sledding areas (ie; Revy) that see alot of traffic, on the off chance that some drunk goon is gonna mow them down doing mach-chicken on the trail or cutting up the safe bunny hill that we have chosen for them to play on. Its just too much of a risk.

Everything in moderation... live to ride another day- live to play. :cool:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to say that I agree wholeheartedly. I pack 2 Rev or 2 coolers for the day, and my hubby will have a few beer in his backpack, along with maybe some butteripple Schnapp's or Cherry Whiskey. We take this up, work our tails off playing, enjoy a nice refreshing cold one and then work it off some more. At this point, the beer etc., is as much a thirst quencher as anything else, and not just something to drink for the sake of getting chit-faced. (Of course, there is always water and powerade in our bags too!!)

In general, I won't bring my kids to any sledding areas (ie; Revy) that see alot of traffic, on the off chance that some drunk goon is gonna mow them down doing mach-chicken on the trail or cutting up the safe bunny hill that we have chosen for them to play on. Its just too much of a risk.

Everything in moderation... live to ride another day- live to play. :cool:

water is the only thing you will see me pack up the hill and empty water bottles and the odd beer can that I find some azzhat left on the trip down.

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree there should be no alchol at all.:nono: There is a lot of time after to sit back and have a few or a lot, there is no way anyone should drink and sled. Go PIPES you carry the same thing in your sled as i do mine:d

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Ya and a big thanks to the idiots leaving the coors light cans all over the mountain today at west castle, when i take them in for deposit it might pay for half my fuel. pack your garbage out,its lighter empty stupid.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have done it, went in many poker rallies on the flat land, where you stop a couple times along the way. Have beer, and bullchit with the guys. I like it. We don't get smashed. Not even over the legal limit. At least not until the after party but the sleds are already home. In the mountains, I have not yet had even one beer. We always sweat way too much to be replenishing with booze. That comes later in the lounge. But it's always a couple idiots to ruin everything, some guys need liquid courage, it's a joke.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya and a big thanks to the idiots leaving the coors light cans all over the mountain today at west castle, when i take them in for deposit it might pay for half my fuel. pack your garbage out,its lighter empty stupid.

I could never understand why there is room enough in your pack for full beer but not enough room for the empties. WTF?

xcya

Reaction score
I too learned my lesson when I almost killed myself years ago:( never again, I wished it never happened.:nono: I don,t think it is a good idea at all, it just doesn,t make any sense to drink at all. Save it for when you get home. Also, think about what someone else may be thinking when asked to come out for a ride for the first time????:confused: Besides, this is one law that should be respected by all no matter what you ride or drive:)

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too learned my lesson when I almost killed myself years ago:( never again, I wished it never happened.:nono: I don,t think it is a good idea at all, it just doesn,t make any sense to drink at all. Save it for when you get home. Also, think about what someone else may be thinking when asked to come out for a ride for the first time????:confused: Besides, this is one law that should be respected by all no matter what you ride or drive:)

Were you drunk? Just wondering.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you don't have to be drunk. two or three drinks and your reaction time is impaired

Then Pipes, why are we allowed to drive vehicles on the highway after a couple. Much more dangerous. I have never come close to any incidents after having a couple social beer. It's always the idiots who can't handle booze, they need to get pissed, and act like morons. I have seen it many, many times. We had to tackle a guy once to keep him from riding his sled, and being an azz.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then Pipes, why are we allowed to drive vehicles on the highway after a couple. Much more dangerous. I have never come close to any incidents after having a couple social beer. It's always the idiots who can't handle booze, they need to get pissed, and act like morons. I have seen it many, many times. We had to tackle a guy once to keep him from riding his sled, and being an azz.

I never said that drinking and driving a vehicle was a good Idea. .08 is the allowable BAC by law. doesn't mean that it a good idea.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is always loosers that drink to much! I dont like it when we get to the cabin and when we walk in with the kids it feels like we walked into a bar. plus all the left handed smokes! if you want to go get pi$$ed and act like a a$$ go do it in the steep and deep (avy area)

sorry but there is to much drinking and smoking up in the hills. one or two maybe but a dozzen? I used to drink and smoke but I didnt want the guilt for the rest of my life if I hurt someone. kids sled too! BE SAFE!

xcya

Reaction score
Were you drunk? Just wondering.
I say it sadly, yes I was and it won.t happen again because I learned my lesson. I am glad I didn,t hurt anyone inocent. It,s to bad some of us have to learn the hard way.:(

porkhaaks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a Snowmobile , ATV, and Boat SAFTY INSTRUCTOR I believe in ZERO tolerance. Save the drinking for the motels etc. You only have to pack the H2O that is my 2 cents. ZERO TOLERANCE ... Drowning is the number ONE killer of snowmobilers,, and most of those are ALCOHOL related ......

Top Bottom