Drift or Go Pro??

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That could work. I have gone over my bars afew times now. I'd be worried about crushing my camera. :)

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it block your peripheral vision under the visor?

Not at all camera is mounted so i can see lcd screen by looking up. Visor is at its highest point and camera mount is riveted to that. Ill try and get a pic up.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres my set up. 3 rivets and some krazy glue on the sides of the side mount to hold it to visor. For all the banging around still holding. Im using the mini now with a 3.8mm lens, external mike and external battery pack hense the wires. I use a scala rider Q2 communications so on videos you would here me talking to buddy but not hear him. Kinda weird to listen to. External mike can pick him up now.I had the 170 hd to start with and works good but is a little heavy for this application.

Attachments

• Hel cam1.jpg
    Hel cam1.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 132
  • hel cam2.jpg
    hel cam2.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 132
  • hel cam3.JPG
    hel cam3.JPG
    233.3 KB · Views: 126
  • hel cam4.jpg
    hel cam4.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 134
  • hel cam5.jpg
    hel cam5.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 134
  • hel cam6.jpg
    hel cam6.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 131
  • hel cam7.jpg
    hel cam7.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like your setup Grinder.
You always know that the camera is still there and a quick look up to see when it's on.
Now I'll just attach some tarp straps to the sides of my helmet so |I can't turn my head too fast.

dooradical

Reaction score
I will admit that I didn't read all the posts so this may be irrelevant now. I have the Contour GPS. It came standard with bluetooth so I could use my phone as the viewfinder. It also has GPS to record your tracks, speed, and altitude synced right up with your video (cool feature.) I think those two features built into this small camera was a huge selling point for me. You cant look at the screen on the Drift if your helmet is on your head and it is mounted, so it is hard to get a good sense of what it is really pointing at. Same goes for the GoPro if you buy the screen back buddy. Also the contour gps lets you change camera setting via bluetooth, much like the wifi enabled go pro. If the GoPro has the screen attachment, then you cant have the wifi attachment. One attachment at a time. Still they are both nice cameras though. I just went with the contour GPS after a bunch of research. There is a nice review written here that I found.

DISCUSS POWER SPORTS Blog: Contour GPS Review

Top Bottom