Go Pro

Trail gal

Reaction score
Hello , heading out for the first time to Revelstoke in feb and wanting to get a Go Pro. Suggestions and accessories needed please. Thanks

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear extra batteries are always a good idea as the cold affects them. I run an old GoPro Session 4 but the new stuff blows that out of the water.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya bring extra batteries. I have an old gopro so the video quality isnt the best. I only payed 200$ its pretty easy to loose these things out sledding. So if you get an expensive one you'll want to make sure its tethered or something or you could have a bad day lol

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya bring extra batteries. I have an old gopro so the video quality isnt the best. I only payed 200$ its pretty easy to loose these things out sledding. So if you get an expensive one you'll want to make sure its tethered or something or you could have a bad day lol

I second that. I have one laying around somewhere in the Bighorn Mountains in Wyoming. Tether is a must!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello , heading out for the first time to Revelstoke in feb and wanting to get a Go Pro. Suggestions and accessories needed please. Thanks
There should be lots on kijiiji. You don't need the latest and greatest and if you're taking videos in poor lighting it's going to look bad no matter which one you have.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Waste of time IMO, it took 4 GoPro cameras over the years for me to realize it’s a massive waste of time. Unless your trying to make it big on YouTube or in desperate need of likes on your Facebook/instagram to make you feel good, they suck. Switching batteries constantly, was using 4 a day sometimes and that wouldn’t get through a day unless it was warm. Also losing them, remembering to turn on or off, poor quality video in bad light, always covered in snow and foggy, expensive as hell, time consuming to upload, . All just some of the reasons they are terrible. I prefer to ride and not constantly fiddle f*ck with a camera and so do riding partners lol. They work decent in warm weather and for other hobbies but sledding is a pain

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Waste of time IMO, it took 4 GoPro cameras over the years for me to realize it’s a massive waste of time. Unless your trying to make it big on YouTube or in desperate need of likes on your Facebook/instagram to make you feel good, they suck. Switching batteries constantly, was using 4 a day sometimes and that wouldn’t get through a day unless it was warm. Also losing them, remembering to turn on or off, poor quality video in bad light, always covered in snow and foggy, expensive as hell, time consuming to upload, . All just some of the reasons they are terrible. I prefer to ride and not constantly fiddle f*ck with a camera and so do riding partners lol. They work decent in warm weather and for other hobbies but sledding is a pain

I agree with that for the most part.

Gopro can be handy for chit talking and proving what sled did what ext.

I got this jumbo battery pack for my gopro. Works all day.

I bought it all second hand off kijji, because not trying to be a youtube star.

Minimal fiddle plucking required 😂

20221205_140616.jpg

20221205_140620.jpg

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Minimal fiddle plucking required

View attachment 263292

View attachment 263293

That’s a huge battery lol

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Minimal fiddle plucking required 😂

View attachment 263292

View attachment 263293

landslides dont film themself haha

Trail gal

Reaction score
I’ve been reading up on the
or is there a camera similar?

Top Bottom