Down Hill Laps

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We do this all the time in Creston. Biggest thing is knowing where you are going. Compass has been off a few times and ended up in some pretty sketchy spots. No feeling like dropping down something you can't come back up and coming to a cliff

yes knowing the route is very important. and first run on a new line can be sketchy for sure.

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Above the cabin drops when your riding loose :Snowmobile1:
You know its going to be good when your following snowboard tracks

IMG_3447.jpg
IMG_3444.jpg

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah yes, we called it low marking. Far more interesting than high marking, but it had to be done at night.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah yes, we called it low marking. Far more interesting than high marking, but it had to be done at night.

so you never have done it is what ur saying lol

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here's another question for today I'll keep it in this thread.

if all you do is ride to the blue lake cabin and drink beer and hit that Lil hill out front are you really a mountain rider?

I've had alot of fun on that hill!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve never ridden Revy but maybe one day who knows.

Why ride Revy when you have the best of the Kootenays at your back door and you are the only group on the mountain!

I like my DH’s, I don’t set out to ride one line all day, it’s more about getting up to the base of a drainage or creek that you know hasn’t been touched all winter and work your way up it and then down the next one and continue that until you can’t go anywhere.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why ride Revy when you have the best of the Kootenays at your back door and you are the only group on the mountain!

I like my DH’s, I don’t set out to ride one line all day, it’s more about getting up to the base of a drainage or creek that you know hasn’t been touched all winter and work your way up it and then down the next one and continue that until you can’t go anywhere.

you aren't going to beable to do that right after a big revy dump though.

that's when people do it typically. when it's too deep to climb

ps there is lots of mountains around revy where you won't see anyone. if you haven't tried revy, should be on ur bucket list..... get here before they close it down....

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just to be clear I like going up thing's too lol

this isn't every day, but they are fun days though.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ll do downhill runs through the trees after riding an area in the Kakwa. Single track in then trees on the way out!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you aren't going to beable to do that right after a big revy dump though.

that's when people do it typically. when it's too deep to climb

ps there is lots of mountains around revy where you won't see anyone. if you haven't tried revy, should be on ur bucket list..... get here before they close it down....

Yes I know many areas around Revy and have been the only group on the entire mountain, sometimes for weeks at a time.

And I know big Revy dumps.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I know many areas around Revy and have been the only group on the entire mountain, sometimes for weeks at a time.

And I know big Revy dumps.

I was more talking to skid. I know you like revy, but you seem to like to dis it too sometimes even though it's the best riding in the world.... imo

Last edited:
Top Bottom