Down Hill Laps

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never really thought about it before, but some comments today have me wondering.

Down hill laps are very popular with Revy Locals.

You ride the trail up the mountain and descend lines that wouldnt be possible to climb (at least on that day)

Ski lines basically, generally done right after a big dump. Boulder has some classics, the Heli drop is 5000feet of descend in 20 min. (ride at own risk)

Or the ever popular Cabin laps. Lots of people in Revelstoke do this. Is this just a Revy thing or what ???

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never really thought about it before, but some comments today have me wondering.

You ride the trail up the mountain and descend lines that wouldnt be possible to climb (at least on that day)

Ski lines basically, generally done right after a big dump. Boulder has some classics, the Heli drop is 5000feet of descend in 20 min. (ride at own risk)

Or the ever popular Cabin laps. Lots of people in Revelstoke do this. Is this just a Revy thing or what ???
See it all over.
It's originally why I bought a sled.
Just never went back to boarding or skiing. Lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See it all over.
It's originally why I bought a sled.
Just never went back to boarding or skiing. Lol

I mean you do the down hills on your sled instead of on skis.....

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
I have experienced the Revy roller coaster downhill laps. At first, by accident. I thought I was gonna die but when I got down, I had to do it again and again. Then I took my wife down. We thought it was fun. Crazy mofos those Revy Sledders.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have experienced the Revy roller coaster downhill laps. At first, by accident. I thought I was gonna die but when I got down, I had to do it again and again. Then I took my wife down. We thought it was fun. Crazy mofos those Revy Sledders.

I know some whistler boys do it too, but wonder how popular it is? Rob Alford brought this style of riding to my attention about 10years ago.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah, well sometimes on the unridable deep days it's really the only option.

Exactly. And its a really fun option if you know the right lines to take.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode the downhill single track outta sale once.

Beats the whoops.

Hell yeah. Sale has some great lines. Martha creek Downhill is 14km descend

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see people looking, but no answers? I got to know, down with the DH's or what? Or never heard of it? let me know haha :tree1:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Done it. Like it. Didn't know it was actually a thing.

Yeah its a thing. Like I said people do laps. Super fun.

"You can always tell an Albertans track by way they go straight down the hill" Unnamed Revy Local....

Edit: Plus you ride Revy, so not surprised you have done it.

Last edited:

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant think of anywhere around Fernie where you could do it (on a large scale), but it sounds like it would be fun if you know the way down and maybe a night in the woods if you don't.

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My good friend Rene (rip) and I rode lots together when he wasn’t guiding. He loved steep decents. And man he knew short cuts all over. And where to make new ones. We would go down anything with the right riders. Puckered up my self a few times. Especially spring time cut blocks. Straight up n down ones and we had to use the stump bumps covered in slush to slow down. Sometimes the blocks ended 20’ - 30’ above the road below and we would panel slide down into the ditch at the lower road. Flowing water n slush. I really prefer deep pow over slush. Way easier. Lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My good friend Rene (rip) and I rode lots together when he wasn’t guiding. He loved steep decents. And man he knew short cuts all over. And where to make new ones. We would go down anything with the right riders. Puckered up my self a few times. Especially spring time cut blocks. Straight up n down ones and we had to use the stump bumps covered in slush to slow down. Sometimes the blocks ended 20’ - 30’ above the road below and we would panel slide down into the ditch at the lower road. Flowing water n slush. I really prefer deep pow over slush. Way easier. Lol

yep Rene was down with the DH's :beer:

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carter did this too me on frisby the first day I met him, we had had a good day and I was pretty gassed (outta shape)
wanna take the fun route down? Me:sure. Within 10 mins I was in a tree and after that I was working my way right pretty hard lookin for that trail haha

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carter did this too me on frisby the first day I met him, we had had a good day and I was pretty gassed (outta shape)
wanna take the fun route down? Me:sure. Within 10 mins I was in a tree and after that I was working my way right pretty hard lookin for that trail haha

Yup done many of Frisby Laps with Carter!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel like Sanata clause, mountains are probably getting shut down any ways...

Some good descends off of Mnt Hall. But yeah could end up in a unplanned camping trip....

Dont even look at them hills behind mnt hall. though. those aint for you...

hall.jpg

Top Bottom