Down Hill Laps

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where I live the tree riding is pretty tight below alpine so for us to ride down and not have any route possible happens lots so the way out many times was the way in, don’t get me wrong we do do it but it usually involves a lot of trail cuttin. I’ve ridden Fernie and sicamous and tree riding is a lot more open.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where I live the tree riding is pretty tight below alpine so for us to ride down and not have any route possible happens lots so the way out many times was the way in, don’t get me wrong we do do it but it usually involves a lot of trail cuttin. I’ve ridden Fernie and sicamous and tree riding is a lot more open.

In Revy the lower you go the tighter it gets. But you can get pretty low before you are totally bushwacking haha

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think what makes revy so good for that is the amount of snow they get at lower elevations, up in valemount and blue river areas where i ride generally there isnt enough snow to do those laps very far down, some years there is barely a foot of snow at some of the parking lots and trail heads

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think what makes revy so good for that is the amount of snow they get at lower elevations, up in valemount and blue river areas where i ride generally there isnt enough snow to do those laps very far down, some years there is barely a foot of snow at some of the parking lots and trail heads

Yeah forsure, that plays a big factor.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We used to go up in the middle of the night specifically to do DH’s at night before it was ever a thing. Some good times were had!! I still have my DH night riding light. 3600 lumens of fun strapped to the helmet and hardwired to the sled attached with a pull cord disconnect like a tether. This was way before Frankensled lights existed and when the lead dogs were cool.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
We used to go up in the middle of the night specifically to do DH’s at night before it was ever a thing. Some good times were had!! I still have my DH night riding light. 3600 lumens of fun strapped to the helmet and hardwired to the sled attached with a pull cord disconnect like a tether. This was way before Frankensled lights existed and when the lead dogs were cool.

My first Revy DH was by accident. I remember going down through the trees like on a frickin’ Bob sled track. At one point there was a straight down groove right toward a fat tree. The groove kinda bounced you left off the trunk at last second and then into more scary stuff. I said to myself in my helmet “what crazy nutbars go down this chit? And who was first down? Did he live?”

Then I survived so I had to do it again.

Ezsmoke I can totally picture riding that at night. It must have been heavenly with the steep slopes, huge trees all brightly lit up!

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Frisby laps in the dark with the boys, oh yeah good memories:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve never ridden Revy but maybe one day who knows.

for sure good to see new things, I'd like to come up.that way.and check it out one day too.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first Revy DH was by accident. I remember going down through the trees like on a frickin’ Bob sled track. At one point there was a straight down groove right toward a fat tree. The groove kinda bounced you left off the trunk at last second and then into more scary stuff. I said to myself in my helmet “what crazy nutbars go down this chit? And who was first down? Did he live?”

Then I survived so I had to do it again.

Ezsmoke I can totally picture riding that at night. It must have been heavenly with the steep slopes, huge trees all brightly lit up!

it's better (and more control) when you are cutting fresh tracks Kanedog:beer:

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't really done laps but on one of my first trips to the mountains I was led into to bobsled run above Boulder cabin. The guys that were in the lead thought it was hilarious. I had no idea that was there and once you are in there riding it out to the bottom is the only option.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't really done laps but on one of my first trips to the mountains I was led into to bobsled run above Boulder cabin. The guys that were in the lead thought it was hilarious. I had no idea that was there and once you are in there riding it out to the bottom is the only option.

yep, no turning back. once you drop in you are commited!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is bobsled the 2 steep descents and you come out on the cabin flat?

could describe a few trails like that. haha

but down Hilling you are trying to catch fresh tracks generally. (stay off the beaten path make ur own line down)

lots of line options coming from Alberta hill to the Cabin though

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back in the old days, some of my best extracurricular tree rides on the way down was at Frisby and Boulder

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's where it was Dan, chased some fresh up Alberta and over the top... fun ride down to the cabin!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We do this all the time in Creston. Biggest thing is knowing where you are going. Compass has been off a few times and ended up in some pretty sketchy spots. No feeling like dropping down something you can't come back up and coming to a cliff

Top Bottom