Dog lost on pond

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The pond is about an acre in size and about 16’ deep in Center. I got the auger and will drill holes and look right to bottom over the next few days. If we can locate safely I will try to snag collar with grappling hook with poles and hope. Hoping for some closure for my parents. They have had some bad luck with there blood hounds. First one passed of cancer at about 1.5 years old. This one was 8 or 9 months old. Typically all the dogs play together and stay close to my stepfather, he was shoveling his sidewalks.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
arff has the best advice , call a dive shop, there are guys who will do it, you don't want to be putting anyone in danger.

'the dive outfitters' give them a call 780-483-0044

Going to call tomorrow, may locate the dog as the ice is thick except for the perimeter around the aeriation holes

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, best idea, these guys will know what to do, and safely. hate to see someone drown, trying to help.

may need a chainsaw to cut a larger hole on thick ice for diver to access. ice on lakes here is 20 inches +/-. your pond no idea. be safe.

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's horrible, really sorry for your loss. I like most dogs more than I like most people.

Mine went under at the narrows at St.Anne last year chasing a Muskrat. Luckily I watched it happen and I went right in after him without reguard for my own safety, big mistake but my dog is my whole world. It was about 3 1/2' deep. We were both ok in the end.

As soon as he went in the shock hit him hard and he stopped moving almost instantly. There was another big dog floating in the open water under the bridge. Broke my heart to see that.

Hope you can can provide closure for your folks, can't imagine what they are going through.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ron
I will be in the Alberta Beach area on Saturday just before noon and no real plans for the day.
I can bring my auger and camera - you could return the one you bought to Cabelas if you have not opened it yet.
Will also have Class C body harness and ropes so nobody has to go on ice at risk. Just have your SXS and winch there.

Call me if you want help and I will bring my stuff along.

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Any help I can get Saturday would be great. Pm me. I’m at my parents house 231 st about 2 km north of yellowhead. I got the camera mounted on a 14’ pole. Much easier to do now. I have a harness on with a lifeline tied to a quad. The ice except for around the holes is between 6-10” thick.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Picked this up, mounted camera to an old swimming pool bet pole.

5d4f4975f5861165283f6495246eb396.jpg

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Borrow a zodiac if ya can, safe for your part now. Chain with a single anchor hook. Sure hope you recover the dog

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
My family and I would like to thank Scott an his men from King Marine Diving for there hard work finding Kimber. She was found and my parents have closure. Thank you Ray for recommending this crew. The water was so cloudy he had to go to the bottom and just feel around. Took about 4 hrs. I was drilling holes and going in with the camera at the same time. I was right by the dog on one hole. Thanks again for all the help.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Thanks all. Yes it was not fun at the end the diver came up with her, I had harness on with lifeline and gear so he got to hole and I had to take over while he was coming out. It was tough for him too to get up and out, he had several weights on to keep him to the bottom. The water was so mercky he couldn’t see much it was all by scanning the bottom with your hands. I had Better view with camera. It was very tough to her out and onto the blanket my mom gave me to put her in. A lot heavier than I thought when soaked and my mom was on the shore watching. But glad to have her out and she’s at the vet to be cremated on Monday.

Top Bottom