Dog Attacks....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Second dog attack on a mail carrier in less than a month in Grande Prairie. Thoughts?

486515_347503015324984_1870208970_n.jpg

Letter carrier attacked by dog

Second dog attack on Canada Post employee in a month

By ADAM JACKSON Herald-Tribune staff

Posted 12 hours ago

An attack on a Canada Post letter carrier Tuesday morning has prompted City of Grande Prairie animal control to issue several tickets to a local dog owner and impound one dog involved in the incident.
At approximately 11:40 a.m., two dogs – both of the Dogo Argentino breed – escaped from their residence near 96 Street and 112 Avenue. One, or possibly both, of the dogs attacked a female letter carrier, biting her head, neck, torso and arms, causing serious lacerations, according to a press release issued by City of Grande Prairie Enforcement Services.
The letter carrier was transported by ambulance to hospital.
A second woman, who lives at the home, also suffered bites after trying to intervene in the attack.
The owner of the dog has been issued bylaw tickets for animal bite, animal run at large and failure to license animal.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im confused why do you need a dog like this in a residential neighbourhood. or anywhere for that fact?

dog owners are amazing. they think there stupid azz dogs are just perfect little angels. there are some good dogs and owners out there but most shouldnt be out in public but behind tall chainlink fences, owners too.

im in the line of work where i also run into alot of braindead dogs/owners. when that thing comes running at me one of us is going to lose and im going to make sure its not me.

bring on the haters. but this really hits home. since almost every member of my family has been attacked by an out of control dog. some very serious injuries and friendships lost because of it.

in all reality. when a spaceship comes to obduct you, or someone comes knocking on your door to murder you. i dont think the dog is going to stand in there way.

makes me sick all these babies getting eaten and innocent people being injured or killed by dogs. im not an expert so maybe its the dogs? maybe its the owners? maybe certain dogs dont belong in certain places regardless of the owner? i dont know so im not saying but this is absolute BBBBSSSSS

check this out, or get a dog that fits in your girlfreiends purse that wont harm anyone.

Security Systems | Home Alarm Burglar Monitoring, Canada & US | AlarmForce

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, maxi wasn't the fish I was expecting to bite....but I pretty much agree with what he's saying. when a dog bites a hand or an ankle it's a quite different scenario than a 50+ lb dog going for your throat. that's way beyond a dog biting from being frightened or out of his element, that dog was going for a kill and should be immediately destroyed in my opinion. I am a lifelong dog owner and consider them a member of my family, if one viciously attacked anyone that wasn't trying to inflict harm upon my loved ones, I would not hesitate to put him down on the spot.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my next door neighbour has two pit pulls fenced in all day. They take the crappy diapers from the garbage and eat them and leave them all over the place, but that is another story (re worst neighbours ever thread). Anyway, these dogs are huge and from time to time they get out and scare the crap out of my daughter and grandson in our yard. Unfortunately as much as as I dont like these dogs it is not their fault. It is the meth addicted owners that have no business having a dog like this let alone 2. The ministry took their 2 kids maybe they should also have the SPCA take the dogs before something serious happens.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, maxi wasn't the fish I was expecting to bite....but I pretty much agree with what he's saying. when a dog bites a hand or an ankle it's a quite different scenario than a 50+ lb dog going for your throat. that's way beyond a dog biting from being frightened or out of his element, that dog was going for a kill and should be immediately destroyed in my opinion. I am a lifelong dog owner and consider them a member of my family, if one viciously attacked anyone that wasn't trying to inflict harm upon my loved ones, I would not hesitate to put him down on the spot.

This is what I meant to say.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im confused why do you need a dog like this in a residential neighbourhood. or anywhere for that fact?

dog owners are amazing. they think there stupid azz dogs are just perfect little angels. there are some good dogs and owners out there but most shouldnt be out in public but behind tall chainlink fences, owners too.

im in the line of work where i also run into alot of braindead dogs/owners. when that thing comes running at me one of us is going to lose and im going to make sure its not me.

bring on the haters. but this really hits home. since almost every member of my family has been attacked by an out of control dog. some very serious injuries and friendships lost because of it.

in all reality. when a spaceship comes to obduct you, or someone comes knocking on your door to murder you. i dont think the dog is going to stand in there way.

makes me sick all these babies getting eaten and innocent people being injured or killed by dogs. im not an expert so maybe its the dogs? maybe its the owners? maybe certain dogs dont belong in certain places regardless of the owner? i dont know so im not saying but this is absolute BBBBSSSSS

check this out, or get a dog that fits in your girlfreiends purse that wont harm anyone.

Security Systems | Home Alarm Burglar Monitoring, Canada & US | AlarmForce

bud i'm thinkin you and i could swap stories for hours, although the best i ever seen was a friggin attack pig, 400lb pig wouldn't let us out of the truck till we deeked him out and the helper got on top of the truck box, and smacked that friggin pig over the head with a shovel, talk about funny, man that thing was vicious. haha thanks for memory lane.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No trying to make light of the situation but I wonder if this is what they're thinking sometimes.....

Attachments

• dogs.jpg
    dogs.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 126

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My mutt is extremely protective of his turf, He is a rottie shepard cross, great with people once he gets to know them, not so friendly with strangers while on his turf, off his turf he's a gentle giant. He may be an indoor dog but he ain't no city pup. got to keep the big dogs in the country, not in town.

Maybe towns/citys should do with their mail what country folk do. one set of boxes for the area and we go there for mail.

Top Bottom