Dodge eco diesel trucks

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hagens Berman: Consumers Sue Fiat Chrysler and Bosch for Diesel Emissions Cheating in Dodge RAM 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel Models | Business Wire

I really like mine. But my next truck will be a duramax.
Things I like: went to Revy the other weekend pulling a 2 place enclosed trailer avg 15.5L/100
Empty I can get 1200 km on 98 litres of fuel. The ride is very smooth. 150000 Kms and not a single squeek or rattle. Actually very happy with the power, 8 speed transmission is amazing. Awesome truck
Things I don't like:When I put my steel toed boots in the box it becomes a low rider. Installed heavier springs which helped a lot, but still sinks when it's loaded. I wish they would put this engine in a 2500. I like to go camping and my 28' camper is a load for this truck.

Last edited:

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one for about a year as a company truck and loved it. Had the air ride which made a massive difference in both ride and handling anything in the box, auto level was nice. Empty I could get about 1300km on the highway, and loaded I didn't really pay attention since anything loaded sucks fuel. I did pull a 28' enclosed empty once and wouldn't even try to pull one loaded, that's what a one ton is for in my opinion. Had no issues with it at all and if I was in the market for a halfer I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hagens Berman: Consumers Sue Fiat Chrysler and Bosch for Diesel Emissions Cheating in Dodge RAM 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel Models | Business Wire

I really like mine. But my next truck will be a duramax.
Things I like: went to Revy the other weekend pulling a 2 place enclosed trailer avg 15.5L/100
Empty I can get 1200 km on 98 litres of fuel. The ride is very smooth. 150000 Kms and not a single squeek or rattle. Actually very happy with the power, 8 speed transmission is amazing. Awesome truck
Things I don't like:When I put my steel toed boots in the box it becomes a low rider. Installed heavier springs which helped a lot, but still sinks when it's loaded. I wish they would put this engine in a 2500. I like to go camping and my 28' camper is a load for this truck.

Which springs did you install? I have a set of Tuf Truck 1223V sitting here right now that I'm going to pop in to my '16 Ram 1500 Sport Crew. I pull a 31ft travel trailer in the summer and run equalizer bars and it handles it alright, but a bit more spring wouldn't hurt. Like you said, the other thing is if you put any weight in the back it sags. Threw my sled in last year and took off for Wyoming and it squats it out more than I'd like. A 600 lb sled shouldn't squat a half ton out that far. Hopefully these springs solve that.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bit of a hijack but just bought a 1500 limited 5.7, 4 corner airbags are awesome I can't believe how nice it rides and the different ride height selections, self level and entry modes are neat. Not much "Eco" in the hemi but a really nice truck after several f150s. After the fact the f150s seem cheaply appointed vs the ram.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which springs did you install? I have a set of Tuf Truck 1223V sitting here right now that I'm going to pop in to my '16 Ram 1500 Sport Crew. I pull a 31ft travel trailer in the summer and run equalizer bars and it handles it alright, but a bit more spring wouldn't hurt. Like you said, the other thing is if you put any weight in the back it sags. Threw my sled in last year and took off for Wyoming and it squats it out more than I'd like. A 600 lb sled shouldn't squat a half ton out that far. Hopefully these springs solve that.

Ordered mine through Accesory land in Lacombe. They have 2 choices. Stock height or up 1". I went with the 1" higher ride height.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
When i first got the truck, the system seemed to freeze up in -20* or colder weather.... They replaced the rear ass'y(under warranty) and haven't had any problems since... Best riding truck around, bar none!!! And can handle quite a load as well

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thought you had a gasser Ric?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a Ford guy but buddy has one and its amazing on fuel. He has the air ride option as well and this is a must as they are very soft in the back. I'd consider buying one if it was a one ton.

Top Bottom