do you carry a first aid kit? what is in it?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Important to remember if you do have first aid and cpr you need to recert to keep it current as some items do change

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I carry a first aid kit along with fire starter, tampons, Advil, couple lighters, extra food and tums.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Important to remember if you do have first aid and cpr you need to recert to keep it current as some items do change

Last time I took my wife along for the two day course, 1st time, it was an eye opener for her and peace of mind when Im gone away. All mothers should take the training IMO. We have kits in all our vehicles.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last time I took my wife along for the two day course, 1st time, it was an eye opener for her and peace of mind when Im gone away. All mothers should take the training IMO. We have kits in all our vehicles.

Very good point.
Yes everyone should have the training.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look up Israeli bandage. Amazon sells them. They're a battle/ compression dressing used for larger wounds. Already wrapped for long term storage. A couple of those with some 3" roll gauze, a couple of triangular bandages and some fabric transport tape. Stuff like this allows you to dress wounds and stabilize broken limbs. Like everyone else says, get training so you know what to do and how to do it.
I vac seal my first aid and survival stuff. Ensures it stays clean and dry.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A blanket is a good idea as well in a vehicle,will add aspirin to my kit as well.

dale+shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A flare gun? Great idea. That would work for cauterizing an open wound if you're squeamish about blood and dont want to get too close.

travrgtr

Reaction score
We spend a lot of time in the middle of no where on our machines and jet boat with women and children.

Here's mine: Tasmania tiger medics back pack containing: Advil, Motrin, Benadryl adult and youth(we had a rider get mud in the eye one time, had a very scary reaction. Benadryl fought it) Pepto and tums, sun screen, tooth ache medicine, eye drops, burts bees chapstick, bunion pads, Vaseline.
adventure medical large first aid pack, extra cleaning swabs, wound wash saline, heart start defibrillator complete with adult, child pads. leg and arm splint. Israeli compressing bandages , quick clot packages. 50 feet para cord. feminine products. garbage bags for prior and sharps ect. , roll hockey tape, small roll duct tape.(this is clean and for medical use only)
I found it easier to combine my first aid and " day camp" supplies into one system. It all fits in the backpack.
We never go anywhere without it. It is excessive but between it and a sat or cel. phone we are capable of handling most emergencies we may come upon or be involved in.
Get first aid course and do not pack anything you or your group are not knowledgeable in using. It's pointless weight.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I carry one designed for the sportsman. Extra things in if for large puncture wounds and instructions in case im the one needing the help..

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some signal devices as well, whistles are cheap and i have one in every jacket i wear outside.
I have several of the Trailblazer kits from ralleys over the years. Keep them stocked with the basics and sealed in every machine. We also have a larger kit that comes with us that has more detailed stuff including an emergency guide for common outdoor injuries. I was told at a first aid course that following step by step instructions helps untrained or unproven (unexperienced) people maintain a level head in emergencies.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some signal devices as well, whistles are cheap and i have one in every jacket i wear outside.
I have several of the Trailblazer kits from ralleys over the years. Keep them stocked with the basics and sealed in every machine. We also have a larger kit that comes with us that has more detailed stuff including an emergency guide for common outdoor injuries. I was told at a first aid course that following step by step instructions helps untrained or unproven (unexperienced) people maintain a level head in emergencies.

was thinking the same, phone app or small book, take 1st aid every 2-3 yrs, never practice in the field, could be a good fresher in an emergency.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
carry a few hard candies now, just in case, and a couple sodas, diabetic complications ( thanks go to dale deluge):D

on our quad trips we have as many as 20 riders, anything can happen. :twocents:

Top Bottom