do bc residents pay any taxes??

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you know i just have to get this out there because i had to go to clearwater this weekend and the roads were the worst i have driven, i ride every 2nd weekend in vale or mcbride so i know about the highway cond. but back to the highway from valemunt to clearwater, is there a shortage of sand or gravel in bc?? there was probobaly 3 inches if icepack and rutted to sh$t all the way there, even stopped to help van that rolled right in front of us too. the stretch thru mount robson gets hit with snow pretty often but they get on it and sand the hell out of it so no body gets hurt. i just dont get it 200 km of pure ice snowpack couldnt even see a hint of highway under it. The ruts and deep grooves in the highway made it dangerous for many cars on the road. Anyway i understand the snowing issue but i was in kalispell last year when a big storm came thru and you know what as soon as the road got bad they got out the trucks with the liquid tanks on the back and problem solved immediately i guess i dont get it. maybe the insurance companies should speak up oh hold on they are government ran aswell in bc.:confused:

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well i dont know about clearwater but our high trucks have been wokring around the clock, and its hard, blue river guys try and mostly work on the messeder summit as its pretty bad when they dont

Reaction score
Yea we do pay taxes but i dont think they go towards clearing the roads thats for sure.....I have noticed that they are terrible as of late and not a lot being done about it either.....very frustrating and not to mention dangerous.....hopefully they will get better soon......So where do you stay when you come to Valemount???.....Maybe come check us out next time you are in town, we will be glad to show you a cabin if you like.....Happy sledding and happy new year!!!!

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple of years ago the wife and I where comming back from Valemount.The roads sucked (Big pot holes and ruts) get to the good ol Alberta and wella Pavement.:beer:

diggers

Reaction score
i believe in aberta the salt they use doesn't work after the temp drops below -18 c, maybe the same goes for bc

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you guys remember years ago when they used calcium chloride i think that was what it was called, anyway that stuff touched the roads and the ice diminished instantly, also i think since the road maintanance went privatized it went to crap also, i noticed in alberta its that way forsure. highway 16 west for a major artery isnt too great also, ive seen it when there were more cars in the ditch than on the road, no kiddin. i would like to know who decides when its time to send the trucks out and sand the roads, maybe there has to be so many cars in the ditch per mile or something, lol

Reaction score
They still use that calcium chloride liquid here because i plow our driveway everytime it snows and that crap runs off the highway and then freezes and causes a real mess:nono: .....and yea, hwy16 between hinton and evansburg is always a mess and very icy more times than not, at least for the past 8 years i have been travelling on it......nowhere is perfect for roads i guess...just gotta be carefull.

Top Bottom