Distracted driving

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be nice now. I pull a 36 foot with a 15 foot quad trailer. Trust me my attention is on nothing but the train.

No offense Rzr , some folks are great at doing it, however being able to do so will soon be illegal here as well. Only a matter of time, I've seen some pretty sketchy stuff flying down the hwy and have scratched my head more then once trying to figure out how it's safe.
Not really any different then a dude pulling a 15000 lb 5th with a half tonne, and yes people are still doing it, followed one the other day that had so much pin weight his mudflaps were folded in half and his bumper was 10 inches of the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they should start nailing the arseholes with beater vehicles blowing out blue smoke to...its a joke really...and its getting to the end of the month as well..cops gotta hand out so many tickets..Ya just got caught Storm..
If there going to do that the should start ticketing the douche bags with diesel trucks for blacking out an intersection when the light turns green

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there going to do that the should start ticketing the douche bags with diesel trucks for blacking out an intersection when the light turns green

They will, and probably do

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure they would and probably do

Sick of all the laws myself , I could easily be a hillbilly

My truck will
Black out intersections, but only when you drop your foot to the floor, I don't tend to be that "guy" . I'd rather have better mileage, and a motor that isn't going to crater 1 year down the road :)

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure they would and probably do

Sick of all the laws myself , I could easily be a hillbilly

Wait.... I thought you were part hillbilly? Bahahaha

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speakin of distracted driving, I had a cop roll past me staring at his laptop while 5 of us sat at the edge of a back alley on pit bikes waiting for him to cruise past....But they are"trained" on how to use the laptop or phone while driving.

That's like saying I'm trained to defy gravity.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speakin of distracted driving, I had a cop roll past me staring at his laptop while 5 of us sat at the edge of a back alley on pit bikes waiting for him to cruise past....But they are"trained" on how to use the laptop or phone while driving.

Yes I've seen them do that as well, it's a special course that teaches them those fine motor skills. Hell I've seen them talking on their phones as well for that matter. Most have done it at one point or another

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Best post I've read in a while! So true on so many levels, haha. Nailed it on the head slowkrawl!

Can't teach people not to be stupid, it's bred.. See it everyday!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This "everyone" doesn't and it isn't because I'm a saint. I don't use my cell except for safety when travelling. It is like the seat belt law; I didn't like it at the beginning and revolted but I conformed without the authorities having to give me a ticket. I doo use the hands free but I don't hand out my number to too many peeps because it costs me too much money. It is like $0.40/minute.

Doug if your feeling lonely I could post your cell number on this thread so you would get a few more calls? Lol.:cell:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this the right time to bring up illegal HID headlights? Been awhile since one of those threads :)

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I log a lot of miles and have seen a lot of stupid stuff, I have zero issue with the distracted driver law, I actually wish they would put demerits on the tickets. Sick of seeing mom's driving their kids to school speeding through the school zone phone up to their head, young drivers totally unaware of their surroundings, seeing people coming at me with their head down. Ok at the lights maybe cheesy on the cops part but hey we all know the high quality of law inforcement we have, they are just tax collectors.

Im also tired of the increased insurance premiums I have to pay to subsidize the accidents caused by distracted drivers.

Top Bottom