Dispose of old gas

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok just asking for ideas on how to dispose of 7 gallons of old sled gas. I think a fire in the backyard in Calgary is out of the question. Weeks until I can make it up to the cabin and burn it there. Any ideas. I live in Calgary

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok just asking for ideas on how to dispose of 7 gallons of old sled gas. I think a fire in the backyard in Calgary is out of the question. Weeks until I can make it up to the cabin and burn it there. Any ideas. I live in Calgary

homeless people downtown could use it to start their heat fires.

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
how old? I always just pour it into the truck and fill it up the rest of the way will fresh gas

It runs and doesn't smell bad but old. Kind of a yellow/brown color. Sled runs OK. Im not putting it in my car. Free for whoever wants it

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Put some sta-bil in it and use it.... Fuel stabilizers work good, especially the sta-bil

The big T4 174 can have I Rick . Come on down and get it. Vinny put some free gas in his wife`s new Toyota Van and the fuel pump crapped out before she made it home. Im not going to take that chance.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put some sta-bil in it and use it.... Fuel stabilizers work good, especially the sta-bil

Just ran mine in the snowblower and leaf blower, put it in by it self and the snow blower was stuttering a bit, so mixed in some Sta-bil fuel stabilizer and a touch of octane boost, it purred just fine after that....

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just take it to the ECO centers
They have never turned it away
I just mark Oil / GAS on the side of the containers

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Enviro West loves gasoline and diesel added to their waste oil. It increases the BTU's for use as burner fuel when they sell it to asphalt plants.

Check with most service stations... Oil tanks ;) ....... Enviro-west takes ours even with a little gas in it

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If left outside in an open container on a warmer day it'll mostly all evaporate.... Use it on ant hills in the summer... Most service shops or equipment/vehicle dealers have used oil fired heaters that can use a small blend of gas too - some might even pay you a bit for bringing it to them - although maybe not for only 7 gal.

Top Bottom