Dilema

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I have my name on a Summit Sp 146 inch (yeah I went with that length even though everyone else typically goes 154 and up)

Another dealer that all my buddies deal with just had a guy bail on a 146 inch X model. Problem is the warranty on them drops to a year for me. I can buy extra warranty at cost but that takes on over a grand.

So question is do I go with the X with 2 years less warranty and costing $850 more than what I have lined up now?

Oh and I have the x package shocks on the front with the one I have my name on.

The X sled is ready now (not really sure when the other one will be maybe 2 to 3 or heck even 4 weeks)

I have never had to worry about warranty work before. I would think any warranty issues would come up in the first year but I dunno.

I guess the most logical is to stay with what I got.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why does the X drop to a year warranty? If thats the case and your getting the x shocks stick with the sp.

Clay911

Reaction score
The warranty should not drop to one year. you are being misinformed. guys taking over snochecks still are getting the 3 years. they just lose the snocheck incentive.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You lose all programs when you pick up someone's snowcheck back out. Right down to one year warranty. A lot of dealers are breaking this rule and it's going to bite the customer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup pretty much the thoughts I was expecting. I guess I just needed some snow and mud assurances!

The drop in warranty has me wondering why. It seems like a strange thing for BRP to implement.

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The x just gets you x shocks and a tapered bar and a cool colour. To make the x shocks any better than regular ones you have to pay someone to revalve them anyway.

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So for $850 plus the $200 to have someone revalve and the extra cost of the warranty you can buy some kick butt rear shocks and a tapered bar and riser. Stick with the SP

Twacked

Reaction score
Apparently BRP is doing this to stop dealers from having friends and family members from ordering x sled so the dealer can have them for in season inventory.

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I have not bought a new sled for 10 years. Why is everyone "revalving" their shocks? I never did anything like that with my rev. The deal took down my info and as far as I can tell the past 10 years it has been set up perfect?

Are the sp bars junk? I heard of a guy breaking his in two? Bars at the pivot point in the old iron (86 phazers) would always break and getting them back to the truck sucked! I do not want that to happen again with this much heavier and much more expensive sled.

Nikm17

Reaction score
In 2013 the sp bars had holes drilled through them to mount the mountain strap. There were guys who snapped them where the holes were because they created a weak spot.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No that was fixed in the 14s? I never looked that close.

Yes sir it is on the 14's. Changed my friends handle bars on his '13 sp to the 14 style cause his had a crack starting by the hole. The SP mountain bar 'clamps' on now like the X bars.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think you need to revalve your shocks. Lots of guys dont and are perfectly happy with there sleds.

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think you need to revalve your shocks. Lots of guys dont and are perfectly happy with there sleds.

Its a personal preference thing. Shocks are set up differently depending on model and the intended use. Stock setup on a summit is fine in deep pow but for those of us who also ride our summits in the ditches a revalve helps.

calgaryboy

Reaction score
just keep with what you have coming, sounds like a sick setup and as mentioned on here, the back shock can be upgraded if/when you decide its needed

Top Bottom