diff problems on brute

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i finally got my brute back after 2 1/2 weeks they had to replace the whole front diff exept for one case and the bill was almost three bills thank god they covered it under warranty

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i finally got my brute back after 2 1/2 weeks they had to replace the whole front diff exept for one case and the bill was almost three bills thank god they covered it under warranty

Ouch!! Is that 3K? Seems like an awful lot for a quad diff. I don't understand how they can charge that much, when you consider you can do the same on a full sized truck for that or less. It's getting too expensive to have fun these days!!:eek:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Except for one case? what do you mean? There is only one front diff case, Housing?. Right... maybe I'm just missunderstanding :( Is your dealer telling you stories to make you feel better? 3 hundard? or three g's? :confused::beer:

I had a seal go in my rear diff. Dealer wanted $600.00 to repair, I did it myself for $14.00 (one cheap seal). Took my about 5 hours.

Please elaborate :)

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
theres 2 half's to the diff they had to replace every thing exept for one of the case halfs and yeah it was 3k but all on warranty scary huh!

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
theres 2 half's to the diff they had to replace every thing exept for one of the case halfs and yeah it was 3k but all on warranty scary huh!

Scary is an understatement. 3g's for a front diff job? That's absolutely outrageous :mad: Thats almost half the price of the quad? Good thing they covered it under warranty. The dealer made out like a bandit! :eek:

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heard lift kits are a real source of problems for front ends...father in law put 4 inch lift on king quad same front set up and was advised to take of lift kit or replace stub shafts with gorillas not sure if that helps?or if you even have a lift kit on yours...just my 2 cents

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i belive the trick to saving the front diffs on the brutes is to not run big tires, like 29.5 out laws be in 4x4 b4 u get stuck and maybe dont be so hard on the gas, thats wheat im t4ryin now after i blew my front diff to pices, warrenty covered it, i just took the lift and tires off of her after that one.... think warrenty bill came out to like 3000 sure it was over 2800 but they replaced everything in the diff and think they covered ball joint on warrenty and bushings too .....

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your gona run it stock you might as well trade it for a 300 honda

Top Bottom