Diesel fuel additive

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I still have my 08 dirtymax, but have never put a fuel additive in.
What do you guys recommend?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Without me googling, off the top of the head do you know where I can get these at?

I am in Fort McLeod now, but only 40 minutes to Lethbridge or an hour and a half back to Calgary which I seem to go back once a month

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Standyne is sold at every GM dealer as far as i'm aware. Ever since the amount of sulfur dropped in diesel its my go to. Just don't spill the stuff.... You will never get the smell out of the interior. For this reason, I buy the small bottles good for 114L each. Never again.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yuppers ,,,,,
Howes is the sheeeit!
Use in truck and Bobcat.......Every tank of fuel.
Found NAPA was the cheapest in my area.
Awesome…… there is a NAPA here in town

That saves me a ton of driving and can support local

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On occasion I have used Stanadyne or Alliant in my trucks. Like adding a bottle on long trips.

Looked at Howes quite a while back. Which one is the popular one these days? Diesel Treat, Diesel Defender or Meaner Power Kleaner?

Looked at the NAPA Canada website and didn't see Howes. C-Tire and Greggs have it.

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t normally run any fuel additives in my 07 LBZ. 265xxxkm. Typically put in petro or shell diesel.

Not to derail the intent of this thread, but what is everyone’s personal belief / reasoning for using it in every tank? Once in a while?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don’t normally run any fuel additives in my 07 LBZ. 265xxxkm. Typically put in petro or shell diesel.

Not to derail the intent of this thread, but what is everyone’s personal belief / reasoning for using it in every tank? Once in a while?

I’ve been running Shell and Chevron.

Few people told me I should be running an additive once and a while…..

I did with my Ford sic liter, but nothing with the Chevy yet

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

On some of our long towing trips I would run a bottle of the concentrated injector/fuel system cleaner. Couple times a year. No real reason other than it seemd like agood idea. Do the same with our gasser car. In my early years of diesel ownership I tried the cetane boosters and antigels in the winter. Don't do that anymore. For what's it worth my diesels always seemed to perform better and get slightly better mileage with Husky Diesel Max.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cetane boost I find really helps in the winter as well as a good conditioner can’t hurt anything.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Put it in the farm tank when it gets filled up, and in the tractors it gets us an extra hour of operating per tank. Don't notice it when you get it in the tank, but notice it after when there's not.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
We sell, and use, Alliant Power Lubriguard... best additive ever. This stuff makes the noisy injectors quiet. Have several customers buying it by the case now, for all their diesels, including several fleets that use it religiously. One 237ml bottle treats up to 227L fuel. Enhanced lubricity and fuel system protectant, that cleans and stabilizes the fuel. Also a Cetane improver... Part # AP029

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use Opti-Lube XPD in our duramax trucks, it is the best rated diesel fuel additive on the market !
Read up on it !! we buy the 5 gallon pail and have it shipped.

Top Bottom