did wreck it ????

sledheadrevxp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just swapped tracks on my xp. Now that i have it back together i have no brakes. I bled them sitting in the shop and they seem fine but as soon as it moves no brakes. Stop and pump them up and comes right back until it moves? Anyone else have an issue like this. Did i maybe bend my rotar or something. Thanks

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my 08 when I had to loosen the nut on the brake line. I ended bleeding until my arm almost fell off but eventually they came back around.

sledheadrevxp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my 08 when I had to loosen the nut on the brake line. I ended bleeding until my arm almost fell off but eventually they came back around.
They come back easy when i bleed them but go away again as soon as it moves

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have air in the system you are gonna have to bleed till your arm falls off, had the same problem with the quad. It just takes time.

sledheadrevxp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have played with it for two days. Prob have three hrs pumping the brakes up but wont stay. Like i said iy will hold over night but as soon as she moves its gone.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd check to see if your rotor is bent - for one reason or another........

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you have enough snow to take it for a burn? ive had sleds that wouldnt bleed but left over night went for a quick rip and voila....magic.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure that the rings are installed correctly for the drive shaft bearing on the brake side. I had this happen after I installed my 2.5 on my 09, your describing the exact same issue I experienced. it would pump up good than after I took the sled for a ride I had no brakes. I loosened the drive shaft mount on the break side and turned the ring till I felt it seat the all was good after that. I bleed the brakes so many times thinking that was the issue it drove me nuts.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it is an air in the line issue get a friend and try disconnecting the caliper, stand on a ladder and hold the caliper up above the master cylinder as high as you can while you bleed it. I use this trick on mx bikes all the time and it works great for getting out those stubborn bubbles, they naturally want to travel up instead of trying to force them down the brake line.

Summit69

Reaction score
If it is an air in the line issue get a friend and try disconnecting the caliper, stand on a ladder and hold the caliper up above the master cylinder as high as you can while you bleed it. I use this trick on mx bikes all the time and it works great for getting out those stubborn bubbles, they naturally want to travel up instead of trying to force them down the brake line.

A hand vacuum pump with a resevoir for used fluid inline also works like a charm!

sledheadrevxp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If he had the track out, pried in any way on the rotor disc, which he may have, it bends very easy. If you drive it like this it will give the symptoms he describes.
Your right. Took the brake gaurd off. Jacked it up in the shop and spun it over a few times and its bent pretty good. Anyone have a good rotor for sale??

Top Bottom