Delaronde Lake, Recommendations?

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can rent a boat at Delaronde or somewhere close. We're going to look at lake lots and would like to do some fishing while we're there.

Also any other info about the lake, or cabins for sale or anything to do with the area?

Thanks in advance, BUBS.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can rent a boat at Delaronde or somewhere close. We're going to look at lake lots and would like to do some fishing while we're there.

Also any other info about the lake, or cabins for sale or anything to do with the area?

Thanks in advance, BUBS.

Have never been there, but this will get it ttt for ya'

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Thanks in advance, BUBS.

Location of area??? BC or ??????

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is in Saskatchewan, just east of Big River. West of Prince Albert Park. Don't need a boat rental now though, we're gonna take the bikes...not much room for a fishing rod and tackle box in the saddle bags.

Any info/advice on developments around the lake or anything would be great. Pickerel and Jack fishing is supposed to be amazing there.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
............ Pickerel and Jack fishing is supposed to be amazing there.

I'd have my little back-packing rod and just a small selection of hooks for the Pickerel if there was any chance of amazing Pickerel fishing. I'd also be packing a primus stove and a small frying pan for a nice shore lunch.

Nothing better than fresh pickerel fried in butter while fighting the damn mosquitoes, eh!

I would find a place for it somewhere !

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd love to get some fishing in but the father in-law just wants to do a day trip, so by the time we ride for 6+ hours check out the lake lots and do the salesman's spiel it will be a long day on the bikes before we get home. He is still recovering from a bike wreck he had earlier in the spring so I think he'll need to take quite a few breaks on the road to stretch out so it may be more than 6 hours or riding. I figured somebody on here would have some info on the lake...not many Saskabushies on here?

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you get pavement most of the way. Last time I went to Big River there sure was a tonne of gravel!! Never been to that lake though.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i think its pavement all the way to big river, the turn to blackstrap/delaronde is a goat trail extreme!! take lots of locks and chain.....take good care of your stuff

Tbaz

Reaction score
Was just there last week, great ATV and Fishing, Huge lake with a lot of small lakes around it. about 8 km east of big river on gravel roads with numerous "resort" type places, the one i stayed at was delaronde lake resort, minutes out of big river rented a sweet cabins with bunks , sat TV, full kitchen , they have a marina there and boat rentals, even a store, Lots of ATV trails and a RV Park too. I would really recommend it. Google map the resort its a good find. Oh yea the roads are all very nice, and not much gravel.

Top Bottom