Lake lots within 1-2 hours of Spruce Grove.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
All, my parents are on the hunt for a lake lot within 2 hours of Spruce Grove.

Must be close to the lake (swimmable from shore)
Must allow several RVs.
Can have a cabin or outbuildings on it.
We do not want to have to build a cabin to meet covenants of the area.
Ideally would have power onto the lot and gas at the line.
Sewer on the lot would be stupendous but not a deal breaker

Looking for $150,000 max.

We've looked at Buck lake by Alder Flats. Lakes no good. Dad found it stinky and the locals said it's bad algae. Lake isle same thing.

Pigeon has restrictions all around unless you're in an RV park.

Not much around Wabamun.

Want to stay away from jackfish as any in that price range are on leased land and we had a family member get screwed badly by that.

Any suggestions folks? Anyone know of any lots? Cash deal no financing.

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Hey Tyler there is a lot below us at long lake available it’s a raw lot lake is not really swimmable from shore but the water is always clean we use a party barge for swimming and of course crown land for atv hunting right across the road
Give me a shout

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
2 weeks too late but the lot up on the corner as you enter our subdivision just sold for $97K

I'll ask Tom & Rick what their neighbor is looking to get for his, it's not actively listed but he will sell. would give you access to the little sandy beach by Toms dock and I could probably fit another boat onto my dock. It is serviced with power, well, gas and has an older 2 car garage, otherwise just a cleared sloping lot. Also only a 5 min walk to the park beach (but I'd never swim there)

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
There is also another one up on the paved road for sale by owner, I think he wants $125k, would give the same access just a little longer of a walk, the one beside tom would be ideal.

You should come out and we can take a walk around and see the different lots, everything is for sale for the right price and I can get all land owner info.

We've talked about putting in a couple of RV pads in our unused garden area and servicing them with water, sewer and power and renting them seasonally but I have some hoops to jump through with the county first with a new approach/culvert and permits for service install.

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
There is also another one up on the paved road for sale by owner, I think he wants $125k, would give the same access just a little longer of a walk, the one beside tom would be ideal.

You should come out and we can take a walk around and see the different lots, everything is for sale for the right price and I can get all land owner info.

We've talked about putting in a couple of RV pads in our unused garden area and servicing them with water, sewer and power and renting them seasonally but I have some hoops to jump through with the county first with a new approach/culvert and permits for service install.
we're due for a visit anyways, maybe I'll see if Dad wants to come out for a walk!

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
bringing this back up to the top.

We looked at the lots with Bogger, but that didn't pan out for us.

Have not gone out to look at the lot that TKO has said.

We've looked at a few in Lac Ste Anne County, however the county bylaws prevent us from having more than 2 RV's on a lot for any length of time, so that rules out Lac La Nonne, Lake Isle, Lac Ste Anne.

Looked at Sandy Beach, but the neighbors warned that the lake is typically green for most of July - September. Looked at Buck Lake near Alder Flats, also green, and quite smelly.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
One just popped up in woodlands on Wabamun (kijiji) 1 acre lot fenced with tree coverage, looks like a nice lot. little over what you're looking to spend at $210K but it will likely tick all your boxes and as a private sale they might be flexible.

Also get hold of Stumpy, I think there is a treed lot beside him that hasn't been advertised but might be available.

rhody605

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bringing this back up to the top.

We looked at the lots with Bogger, but that didn't pan out for us.

Have not gone out to look at the lot that TKO has said.

We've looked at a few in Lac Ste Anne County, however the county bylaws prevent us from having more than 2 RV's on a lot for any length of time, so that rules out Lac La Nonne, Lake Isle, Lac Ste Anne.

Looked at Sandy Beach, but the neighbors warned that the lake is typically green for most of July - September. Looked at Buck Lake near Alder Flats, also green, and quite smelly.
I know several people at lake isle that have upwards of 5 trailers on their lots very frequently. A bylaw that isn't enforced. But also not one you would want to deal with if someone complained and brought it to the county

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I know several people at lake isle that have upwards of 5 trailers on their lots very frequently. A bylaw that isn't enforced. But also not one you would want to deal with if someone complained and brought it to the county
that's the issue, and being a "new" owner of the lot..... we could be more "at risk" of being investigated.

Lake Isle was GROSS when I was there last week, it's not a lake we want to be on.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wabamun has never been same since the train spill. I wouldnt get a lot there, sadly :(

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
wabamun has never been same since the train spill. I wouldnt get a lot there, sadly :(
It was actually awesome after the spill..... We were the "dirty oil spill lake" and people avoided at all cost. On a sunny +30C day there would be under 300 boats on the entire lake. Over the past 5 years there have been multiple water quality reports from Alberta Lakewatch that put Wabamun among the cleanest and healthiest lakes in the Province. Problem now is overuse. Any nice day the park is full by noon and turning people away, the town fills up by 1pm and people are driving around through every subdivision looking for a place to park, swim, launch. As a property owner in moonlight bay it has become a zoo for us and we have had to barricade our roads to prevent random vanloads of people from setting up camp. Boat traffic has increased 10 fold and unfortunately many of them have no etiquette.

It's only been the past 2 years we have had blue/green algae and unfortunately my neighbors and new landowners are contributing to the problem by removing waterfront riparian vegetation. I also suspect that 5000 people pizzing in the lake daily is not helping the problem.

We are still in much better shape than lac St. Anne, Lake Isle, Pigeon, Spring Lake, Sandy beach ect.... but it's definately going downhill fast.

We need another derailment....

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bogger is 100% correct about Wabamun Lake. Very clean this week after the latest rain . But Tyler will have a tough time finding a lot in Parkland county to park that many RVs. New properties usually can't get a power meter permit without a development permit for a new home. Garages, sheds and RVs have to come after a residence now. Look for a dumpy existing house/building that already has power. Repairs and renovations are easy and wont have to fallow all the new rules . Neighbors will bitch to the county fast If RVs are in public view .

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Ascott Beach and South Woodlands are still multiple RV friendly, might just need to find a lot that is already serviced. In our subdivision (Moonlight Bay) you can not bring in services with out a permanent structure.... not sure if there is a square footage requirement.

On that note Tom/Rick will be selling their 16'x24' clubhouse in September to be moved, would be a pretty easy move it it were to stay within the subdivision, the problem is the lack of lots to put it on.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was actually awesome after the spill..... We were the "dirty oil spill lake" and people avoided at all cost. On a sunny +30C day there would be under 300 boats on the entire lake. Over the past 5 years there have been multiple water quality reports from Alberta Lakewatch that put Wabamun among the cleanest and healthiest lakes in the Province. Problem now is overuse. Any nice day the park is full by noon and turning people away, the town fills up by 1pm and people are driving around through every subdivision looking for a place to park, swim, launch. As a property owner in moonlight bay it has become a zoo for us and we have had to barricade our roads to prevent random vanloads of people from setting up camp. Boat traffic has increased 10 fold and unfortunately many of them have no etiquette.

It's only been the past 2 years we have had blue/green algae and unfortunately my neighbors and new landowners are contributing to the problem by removing waterfront riparian vegetation. I also suspect that 5000 people pizzing in the lake daily is not helping the problem.

We are still in much better shape than lac St. Anne, Lake Isle, Pigeon, Spring Lake, Sandy beach ect.... but it's definately going downhill fast.

We need another derailment....
my buddies dad used to be a conservation officer and he said from what he saw underwater he wont be eating any fish from there again. I gotta believe him

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
my buddies dad used to be a conservation officer and he said from what he saw underwater he wont be eating any fish from there again. I gotta believe him
I'm sure the same could be said for any of our Alberta sloughs

Your not allowed to keep any fish anyway - other than a batch of walleye tags released this year. Moonlight bay is gross - slimy/weedy/stagnant/loonchit etc. If you get out into the main body it's relatively clear (by Alberta standards) and over by the golf course by the weir it's nice sand bottom and clear in about 3' of water.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the same could be said for any of our Alberta sloughs

Your not allowed to keep any fish anyway - other than a batch of walleye tags released this year. Moonlight bay is gross - slimy/weedy/stagnant/loonchit etc. If you get out into the main body it's relatively clear (by Alberta standards) and over by the golf course by the weir it's nice sand bottom and clear in about 3' of water.
well ch!t. I should start looking at lots on wabamun instead of jackfish ???? I'm in. I just wanna jet ski close to the city lol

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Some nice lakes northeast of the city. I do the fireworks at Pelican Bay Resort every Canada day, at Lac Sante lake it’s very nice and clean and a great place. Tranquility bay on the other side has lots. It’s just past Duverney

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
well ch!t. I should start looking at lots on wabamun instead of jackfish ???? I'm in. I just wanna jet ski close to the city lol
We talked about Jackfish, however the ones that are within budget are on "leased land" and there's no guarantee on the number of years that land will be available to be leased. If the owner of the land decides to sell it, who's to say the purchaser is going to want to keep those leases going?

Top Bottom