December Snow Conditions

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the other way to back behind the saddle from the opposite side? If you're look from the cabin there is passage through there, is that assessable all the time? I only took it back one time last year, heard some guys saying there is usually a big cornice?

I wouldn't attempt that pass in low snow conditions

jonw

Reaction score
Any new snow in mcbride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like about 2-3" in the parking lot at bell. Haven't been up yet this morning, still in the lot.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Rode Belle today. It was snowing and socked in most of the day. Trail is groomed all the way up. We had a good first ride. The snow is only 5-6" deep of fresh in most areas, and you can find up to 18" in other areas. Was way more snow than this time last year. Only a few rocks showing and most of the creeks are almost filled in. No one in our group is dissatisfied with the day. It's raining / snowing right now in town

We're heading to Renshaw tomorrow, will post some more pics and conditions. Should be good.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449277042.237635.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449277057.322044.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449277101.004328.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449277118.701600.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449277131.555372.jpg

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When are they grooming the renshaw trail? How is it? Thinking about heading there tomorrow

thanks

Renshaw trail is groomed now. And I just talked to Hot Rod and I pretty certain he said he was going up there tonight. But the trail is in good shape. The chute to the cabin is the only part needing work

snowmobilekid

Reaction score
Rode renshaw today, trail was good going in and rocky coming out. All in all great day not very much snow up top at all but as soon as you get down playin in the trees you can find it! Defiantly lots of rocks showing snowed up there today and was getting groomed tonight. Plan on heading back there tommorow!

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode belle today. There was about 6-12" of fresh but the old ruts underneath are pretty hard. It was snowing pretty good on our way down though so it should add to it! Parking lot was full and the trail was excellent! Overall it was a good day!

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode belle again today. There was a foot of fresh at the cabin elevation and snowing hard all day! I probed about 1m base near the cabin. Looked like it had rained up to 4600ft. (First y in the trail) but on our way down it was snowing down past the parking lot. Snow should be great up top if it keeps snowing!... If your pulling a trailer I'd be cautious going up for the next few days as it's pretty slick. With all the rain we spun out on the first hill past the booth and had to back down.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As Ron said, condition were good for this time of year,was enough too do some diggin lol, It's on boys and girls!

Jwaldner93

Reaction score
Coming up to mcbride this weekend hoping there is good conditions ! Anybody been up Lucille ? And is belle pretty good area to ride ? Never been up there always rode renshaw and Lucille. Any updates will be appreciated !!

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Belle is a very good area to ride. For the most part it is fairly tame and is a smaller area but you can find some fairly challenging technical riding in some areas. Probably need some more snow before getting into the burn areas though. I personally much prefer belle over Lucille but both should have excellent snow after this snowfall!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haha,the burn is good too go ,never touched a rock in there in two days,got one log though! Belle is in great shape.

abisio

Reaction score
I'm heading up next weekend for the first time, How are the snow conditions in your area? We are excited to adventure this beautiful area for the first time, and if some one could help us out that would great . Thanks in advance

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Belle has the best reviews so far. I'll be there this weekend and can let you know what I find out after there.

Jwaldner93

Reaction score
Heading to mcbride today ! Going to probably hit renshaw tomorrow any one know how deep the pow is as of today ?

Top Bottom