December 1 2009 stewart run

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is so great about Stewart BC that makes the 1500+ km drive one way worth it? Is it because you can ride really early in the year, or are there other things that make it a worth while trip?

the pigg

Reaction score
What is so great about Stewart BC that makes the 1500+ km drive one way worth it? Is it because you can ride really early in the year, or are there other things that make it a worth while trip?
the snow,the hospitality,the snow,$69 a night for 2,the snow,the unbeliveable size of the area,the snow,ride late in the year,the snow,cell phones don't work,the snow,the solitude,the snow, oh yea did I mention the snow!!!!!!!!!!!

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the snow,the hospitality,the snow,$69 a night for 2,the snow,the unbeliveable size of the area,the snow,ride late in the year,the snow,cell phones don't work,the snow,the solitude,the snow, oh yea did I mention the snow!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not quite sure what you are trying to say here:d:d

Seriously though, how is the snow any different than say Revelstoke? How much do they get a year? How late in the season can you ride there?

the pigg

Reaction score
check out the border town snow bombers site and all will be well:perfect10:

There was a post last nite that might answear " how much snow":i_need_snow:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To answer your question, what makes it better then revelstoke??? Maybe its the amount of snow over 1000's of miles of riding area. Yes revelstoke is great if you enjoy 3000 people on a weekend riding the same area and high dollar trail fee's combined with the high cost of staying there. Actually maybe you should stay riding in revelstoke on your little weekend worrier trips, stay to the trail and the well beaten path and leave the deep snow and steep mountains to the big boys.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually maybe you should stay riding in revelstoke on your little weekend worrier trips, stay to the trail and the well beaten path and leave the deep snow and steep mountains to the big boys.

While I appreciate you answering my question, I think you can drop the condescending attitude. Thanks for coming out though.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry, just get tired of hear people say the same old thing all the time. "why should we go there, whats to do there, what makes that place so good." you will never know unless you go see for yourself.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you get a chance to watch some of Dave Craig's videos....HeavyMetal series or ????(can't think of the other ones he made). Watch & drool over the sheer size of the riding areas. That actually doesn't do justice for the minute long or more hill climbs and wide open places to ride with NO bounderies there. you can go for miles & miles with out any park boundaries or tree lines to close you in. The snow fall is at least double what Revy gets. I've seen one of the videos from a cpl seasons ago called Endless Winter ....the snow was piled up 10 to 12 feet on the sides of the streets in town!!!:eek: That's at sea level. You only ride at about 2000+ feet there so the sleds work REALLY good :d We rode there a few years ago & had Dave guide us around & had an absolute blast & will be returning there this year sometime in the spring. You have to go once just to see it.

PS look up StewartMountainLodge.com for a few pics of what it's like

RN

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry, just get tired of hear people say the same old thing all the time. "why should we go there, whats to do there, what makes that place so good." you will never know unless you go see for yourself.

That's alright, I am just the type of person who does his due diligence before he drives 3000 km's. It is definitely on my places to visit list now though.

What is the best time of year for decent weather? Im guessing since they get so much snow it must be socked in quite a bit.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your right the best time of year is in the spring. AS well it helps to have a person who knows their way around because Stewart is on the coast the weather rolls in very fast. I know your worried about the drive as it is a long way to travel. I would recommend bringing your favorite brand of fuel as they have few to choose from. However keep in mind that when travelling west, every town west of McBride has world class sledding without the hassel of over crowding. My suggestion would be to make it a 10 day trip. Couple days here and there. Who knows what you will discover.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's alright, I am just the type of person who does his due diligence before he drives 3000 km's. It is definitely on my places to visit list now though.

What is the best time of year for decent weather? Im guessing since they get so much snow it must be socked in quite a bit.

We rode Apr 21st to 25th I believe & had 3ft of fresh with +17 degrees for 2 days. It rained for 2 days after that & the day we left there was 4ft of fresh up top:mad: Never know what you're gonna get. But that time of year is a little sketchy due to the Crevasses opening down on the glaciers. Unbelievable areas to ride!!!:eek:
Awsum locals there too man. Met a cpl locals that rode with us & couldn't find nicer guys anywhere!

RN

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you get a chance to watch some of Dave Craig's videos....HeavyMetal series or ????(can't think of the other ones he made). Watch & drool over the sheer size of the riding areas. That actually doesn't do justice for the minute long or more hill climbs and wide open places to ride with NO bounderies there. you can go for miles & miles with out any park boundaries or tree lines to close you in. The snow fall is at least double what Revy gets. I've seen one of the videos from a cpl seasons ago called Endless Winter ....the snow was piled up 10 to 12 feet on the sides of the streets in town!!!:eek: That's at sea level. You only ride at about 2000+ feet there so the sleds work REALLY good :d We rode there a few years ago & had Dave guide us around & had an absolute blast & will be returning there this year sometime in the spring. You have to go once just to see it.

PS look up StewartMountainLodge.com for a few pics of what it's like

RN
I agree with Raspberry. It is going to be my first winter in Terrace BC and all I here about is Stewart (2.5 hours north) They say it is definately Turbo country. Endless area. Packing as much fuel as possible is a must. And hardly anyone else around. A must see at least once in your life time.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"packing as much fuel as possible is a must" !!!! I've talked with guys who rode up there one trip that just rode & rode all day breaking trail till they forgot how far out they were & were out of fuel. They had a chopper bring out more fuel to them LOL. It's just that big of an area that you can go for miles & miles & don't have boundaries to remind you to turn back........that's the part that amazed me the most.:d
Can't wait to get back there in big POW with the turbo !!!:beer:

RN

Top Bottom