Dead Dragon

Chavez

Reaction score
I have a 2009 Dragon 800 and of course cooked the engine again last year for the 3rd time. Is it worth it to rebuild or should i sell it for parts and start again?

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did u do "the fix" and still cooked it?

Chavez

Reaction score
All updates were done through Polaris. The sled was basically stock. What was "the fix"?

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a topend kit to help them live longer.What happened to the engine each time?

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At which miles did each engine go? What kind of oil and gas?
Always interested in when they blew and the circumstances. Mine has low miles for an 09, 1400. Still ticken, compression is on the low side and I probably should throw some
New pistons in it.

Chavez

Reaction score
Same piston cooked each time. The sled has 1600 miles on it. I have always used polaris synthetic injector oil and always used premium fuel. It was almost like clock work, every 400 to 500 miles it would calf. The last time was the only time that it seized solid. I could limp it out each other time but had to do the ride of shame this last one.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer repaired each time? Sounds like there might be something else going on,crank seal,bad injector or harness.Needs to be torn down and checked out.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like someone should change his name to dragonslayer. lol
Seriously though I agree with timbo, sounds like there is something else going on that needs to be fixed or it will happen again and again.
Good luck

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The same thing went on with my Dragon. It ran perfect up to 1430km then blew the first motor I got rid of it when it had 1680km and it was on motor #5! I kept telling the dealer that there is something wrong but they always said everything was good. I think your best bet would be getting a hold of Chrisco on here and get the PMS fix kit.

Top Bottom