Dan Treadway And Doo

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
either the color of money or being stranded in the backcountry broke down. lol Ahh the life of a rockstar sledstar!!!

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan was a great ambassador for Ski doo. He let me have his XM last season for 3 days and has let lots of other guys ride it too which translated into sales for skidoo. I ride/work with both Treadway and Norona and they hit different market segments. It hard to understand BRP marketing, I know I have sold tons of sleds for them and they won't work with me. BRP marketing guys are all flatlanders and they don't understand the mountain market. I hope Dan can find another sponsor, it will be skidoo loss.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan was a great ambassador for Ski doo. He let me have his XM last season for 3 days and has let lots of other guys ride it too which translated into sales for skidoo. I ride/work with both Treadway and Norona and they hit different market segments. It hard to understand BRP marketing, I know I have sold tons of sleds for them and they won't work with me. BRP marketing guys are all flatlanders and they don't understand the mountain market. I hope Dan can find another sponsor, it will be skidoo loss.

Ski Doo's loss is right Ray. We ran into your group and Dan last spring on Bridge River Glacier... Dan is a super guy and met up with us for a ride & came to our buddies wedding up on Rutherford. Let guys try out his XM all day long and even put on a gap jumping show for us. Great guy - sure he will get scooped up by another brand soon.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably not enough room for both Treadway and Rasmussen

Norona does TONNES of pr work for his sponsors, brp, his dealer, and many other sports (trials, moto, mtb, running, etc) He's always on local tv and at all brp events, dealership open houses, local avy courses, tours, etc. always putting out marketing videos and I'm sure he gets a crap load of views on youtube / facebook etc

Sad to see Dan leave yellow. Needless to say, he is a legend!

I'm guessing he'll be on a Cat .. maybe a 4 stroke ? maybe him and KJ will have a 4 stroke whipping contest

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really enjoy Dave, in person and on the net. He's got awesome energy, and seems to be in a bazillion places at once all the time. I like him and I'm not a doo person lol. I've only heard positive things about Dan Treadway too. We are fortunate to have so many top notch peeps representing in our industry. People like Dave and Stephy are really creating a strong pressence of integrity and responsibility. I think this is an important part of us dispelling the myth of the hooligan redneck Sledder.

Apex162

Reaction score
I really enjoy Dave, in person and on the net. He's got awesome energy, and seems to be in a bazillion places at once all the time. I like him and I'm not a doo person lol. I've only heard positive things about Dan Treadway too. We are fortunate to have so many top notch peeps representing in our industry. People like Dave and Stephy are really creating a strong pressence of integrity and responsibility. I think this is an important part of us dispelling the myth of the hooligan redneck Sledder.

myth of the hooligan redneck Sledder, read most posts on this site - not a myth

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its always sad to see someone you like to go a different direction. We don't know the deal. Dan may have got a better offer somewhere else just as Rasmussen did. Wherever he goes he will draw a crowd.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
myth of the hooligan redneck Sledder, read most posts on this site - not a myth

I think we are all redneck ish here and proud of it, but when you look around the site, you'll see many people who are making a difference in the industry. From organizing beacon practices, to sharing responsible stewardship to questions about safety. Hooligan, maybe not all of us, but Redneck.. yup! lol

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP loosing Dan is as brutal as when Cat lost Burandt, both daumb ass moves, then again after all the "flickable" bs polaris can have him its pretty much a bad joke now.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP loosing Dan is as brutal as when Cat lost Burandt, both daumb ass moves, then again after all the "flickable" bs polaris can have him its pretty much a bad joke now.
I know I'll hear it for this, but I honestly don't know why all the hate on the 'flickable' term. It's a bit of a ridiculous word, but it has been used in the motorcycle industry for a long time to describe how agile a bike is side to side in the turns.
As for Treadway, that is a big loss for BRP, and I see him ending up on a cat.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jeesus christ you guys - Doo isn't giving him a sled this year...he didn't die ffs. Everyone moves around, one day the yellow underwear crowd is going to have to come to terms with the fact that Rasmussen will leave BRP too and they may have to eat some humble pie, and Burandt will probably be riding yamaha, or chris brown will join cat...whatever, they all move around. Treadway will be fine, both him and his bro can ride with the best of them and they will do just fine on the coast, no matter which brand he is on.

He's a hell of a rider - Doo's loss IMO.

Top Bottom