How come so many Doo 850's for sale?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to my new dealer and Maxwell has probably hit it on the head. People are upgrading to turbos so the N/As are up for sale.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clearly switching to the 858 Cat. Have you watched the video! It’s incredible how they came up with such an innovative engine. And only about 7 years after the competition.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clearly switching to the 858 Cat. Have you watched the video! It’s incredible how they came up with such an innovative engine. And only about 7 years after the competition.

Innovative? Only 7 years behind the competition. Lol better late than never I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is more cc's really an inovation?

They had 900s and 1000s 20 years ago
Sometimes bigger isn’t better. I was surprised to see at the Ford static display at the Phoenix NASCAR championship race that the Shelby GT 350 is rated quicker in the quarter mile than the Shelby GT 500. Sometimes it’s what you do with available CID than just throwing more displacement at it. I guess we will see whenever it’s released.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is more cc's really an inovation?

They had 900s and 1000s 20 years ago

Cat operates like the government, take some away and then slowly give it back so its new and exciting!! In another 7 years cat might have an engine that makes as much HP as the old M1000

this 858 that they literally just increased the bore on, i had an 858 in 2008. at least the Doo 850 they made it a square bore with direct injection so it was a noticeable worth while upgrade.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat operates like the government, take some away and then slowly give it back so its new and exciting!! In another 7 years cat might have an engine that makes as much HP as the old M1000

Loved my M1000! Most fun sled I ever had, other than needing 2 guys to pull start it in the morning. That thing pulls like a freight train. My brother in law is still riding it.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loved my M1000! Most fun sled I ever had, other than needing 2 guys to pull start it in the morning. That thing pulls like a freight train. My brother in law is still riding it.

I had a friend that did the 1200cc big bore on his m1000. When it was cold he had to have his foot on the bar riser as leverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

this 858 that they literally just increased the bore on, i had an 858 in 2008. at least the Doo 850 they made it a square bore with direct injection so it was a noticeable worth while upgrade.
They actually kept same bore and stroked the motor to get there making it more square.
You are right that it’s almost identical bore and stroke to an doo 860R motor every one built in 2008 though

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a friend that did the 1200cc big bore on his m1000. When it was cold he had to have his foot on the bar riser as leverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bet his back hated it

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those 1200 big bores have some jam
My little bro had a 1300 built by Linderman. Twin pipes in a 2008 nightfire. I broke down a few times, and spent some days on it. It was an awesome sled. But also once in Alberta, it couldn’t be started on the deck below -15

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty easy explanation, once you ride the 180hp beast that the competition doesnt have, its time for your NA 850 to go. Its a beginners sled now, if anyone has one its for their wife or 8 year old
That’s funny,Ive rode quite a few of those.Signage should go up at every riding area,
Do Not Enter without Turbo🙂

I may sound like the History Channel but here it goes.Jimmy Kuster( may he RIP) was riding in in Westridge 30 years ago on his wife’s 340 Indy Lite with big paddles and came across 4 guys that were unable to climb out of a bowl.Jim dropped in to say hi and the group was relieved to have a extra guy to spend the night with.
These guys were riding big power sleds of that era,Jim put his route finding skills to work and found a obscure route for the guys to follow him out.When they got back to the first bowl they all had big grins on there faces that wasn’t as prevalent to their red faces.Just a note that 340 is 36hp🙂

Last edited:
Top Bottom